Review your car.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Write a review of your car, as if a motoring journalist had driven it was writing for a glossy mag. Heres my take on the Audi 1.8T sport.

Audi 1.8T Sport W reg 2000. From a distance the one thing you notice is the purple colour. As you approach the flared arches and fat wheels hint as the possible levels of performance under the bonnet. Externally the car looks quite standard and great pains have been taken to keep the car as original as possible even the "T" badge has been removed. Is it a purple people eater though, lets take it for a spin?

Inside the seats are quite supportive and the 2 spoke steering wheel in stitched leather and chrome details and knobble gear lever suggest there is some power on tap.

The engine starts with typical German efficiency. The distant whine of the turbo can just be made out and the recirculating dump valve psssts as you lift off the accelerator.

Now the engine has warmed up we can see what performance we have on tap. The turbo starts to properly spool up from 2000 rpm and by 3000 rpm it is giving a noticable push. The engine note has changed to more of a growl. For a standard engine it delivers its power smoothly and progressively although I would prefer a little more power under 2000 rpm.

In the twisties this car clearly shows its heritage. Body roll is minimal and there are awesome levels of grip on tap. It would appear that the cars usual 37 mpg is somewhat misleading when driven hard - the trip computer is currently reading 11 mpg. There is a nice neutral characteristic to the handling with a slight tendancy to understeer. I would prefer a little more over steer so would be looking at some subtle suspension mods. Turn in is sharp and it is quite hard to unsettle the car.

We can't wait to test the car with a remap and 350 horses on tap and look forward to seeing if this unsettles the cars impeccable manners.

1999 Honda Civic Coupe

At first glance the Coupe looks much more pleasing to the eye than the hatchback, although the Coupe does look understated. Walking around the exterior you'll notice the slick and smooth bodywork, the rear spoiler and the standard 15 inch alloys.

Hop into the front seat and you'll instantly feel the driver's seat hug you tight. When looking around the Coupe you'll notice a number of features, air conditioning, heat side mirrors and electric windows. Start the engine and you'll hear what isn't the VTEC version, but still a fairly nice sounding engine. Rev it to 5000 and it sounds even better!

On the test drive the car feels very smooth and responsive. Just a quick flick of the steering wheel is usually enough to take you around a corner. The Coupe is a beautiful car to drive and to be driven in. Keep the car within the power band and you'll be rewarded with top notch performance, from a car that really promises more at top speeds. The gear box feels quick and very easy to get used to, however the clutch will need a little getting used to. You'll find that spinning the wheels can be a number a times by accident when you first drive the car. However, learn how to do it and leave the chavs sitting at the lights feeling embarrassed. Too much revving though and the chassis will twist (this can be avoided by riding the clutch, and then releasing it for the injection of power). The 115 BHP engine will also allow you 35 mpg in the city. Not to mention how reliable the car is!

Living with the car is superb, you'll notice yourself gleaming with pride everytime you step in and out of the car. It may prove difficult to parallel park for some drivers the Coupe is quite long.

Overall the car looks great, feels fantastic and for all you mofiying enthusiasts, it's a wonderful base car! 8/10 (for not being a VTEC, otherwise 10/10!)

Last edited:
Jaguar XJ8
British Racing Green

It is the Sports model so sits a little bit lower to the ground.
With the mesh grill it looks awesome in the car in front rearview mirror
Goes along quitely no drama high speed cruising is relaxed, Fuel depends onn how heavy your right foot is.
Interior is full Cream Leather with Air Con Sports Box Electric Seats
6 CD Player Bluetooth phone kit.
The exhaust note when in Sports Mode and foot planted is what you would expect from the Jaguar V8 THUNDER.
All in all a superb car.
10/10
Just wait untill i get my XJR

You MUST open the windows under firm acceleration to hear that lovely V8 exhaust note in stereo. It's been said that the XK8 has been criticised for being too quiet.

I've driven a couple and I can't see the criticism but, ..... they do sound lovely.

I bought my Grande Punto on boxing day. Its the 1.4 8valve model with a pathetic 77 bhp to offer. Its new it looks good and comfort levels are high for the price and with all the extras you get these days I think its a great value for money car. But its slow,oh god is it slow .So without radical surgery I would like to do something about that.So here I am. Looking for ideas and suggestions.

You MUST open the windows under firm acceleration to hear that lovely V8 exhaust note in stereo. It's been said that the XK8 has been criticised for being too quiet.

I've driven a couple and I can't see the criticism but, ..... they do sound lovely.

XJ8 and XK8 are two totally different animals.
Mine is the XJ and you don't need the windows down to hear the V8 roar

My current car is an A3 2.0T the engine is solid and pulls well but a little lumpy and unrefined for a modern diesel.

The interior is very nicely appointed and laid out.

Handling is spot on with the S line suspension option but it does seem a little too hard around town with family in the car as you feel every pot hole.

It's not been very reliable though and there are lots of little niggles that are going to need attention soon and recently we've had a mysterious metal clonk from the rear - something else to worry about.

The next car is going to be economical to run and Japanese...