Review 2014 BHP performance show

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Not a happy bunny. I Left home at 9:00 and arrived at whifield around 15 minutes later. Then it took a whapping 4.5 hours to get into the venue (it was gone 2pm when I finally got out of my car and went in search of some overpriced food). At one point I'd moved between 2 sets of traffic lights about 5 car lengths apart in 45 minutes! When I arrive I dutifully coughed up my entrance fee only to be parked in a chaotic field where there appeared to be zero marshalls to prevent triple parking and blocking people in.

Queues for food and toilets were also really long and it took me over 2 hours to get out at the end of the show.

When I got into the show there were very few decent show cars on offer. It was more of a public track day with vendors around than a car show! I took about 300 photographs and would say of these only about 75 cars are worthy of mention or a feature.

In short I will not be going to this farcical car show ever again. Last time I suggested them offering tickets in advance they blamed the local planning authorities. Now with the revised multi lane entry they still couldn't get all the cars into the venue.

I view today as pretty much a wasted bank holiday!

Did anyone else go? Did you make it in?

If they want this show to work they really need to sell advance tickets and avoid this silly queueing to get in. They need to shut the U turn option at the Husk roundabout forcing all cars along the A2 to avoid the long delays for anyone coming from the South.

Show cars really need some sort of quality control - honestly I saw more show class cars in the car parks than in the actual show! There also needs to be a lot more bins around as the litter was really building up and the traffic flow around the site needs proper management to avoid people trying to cut in at the exit point. Longer fenced off runs would achieve this quite effectively.

That really doesnt surprise me

Maybe the reason for the lack of decent modded cars is that their owners are not prepared to sit in a 2 hour queue. in and out which is the main reason I didnt go.

Also the total disorganisation in previous years hardly helped

Advance tickets were available via clubs that booked a stand but the club I was going with had a 6.45am meet and that was only 20 minutes away just to avoid a long queue

.Bearing in mind the event didnt start till 9.30 or 10 and unless you went before 3pm there was no way of avoiding the queue on the way out
That makes it a very long day and drive for a half day meet which is a shame because
this used to be a must on the calendar for me
Lastly all the awards last year except maybe the club award seem to go to cars in the paddock or on the trade stands .

Good grief Obi Waynne it sounds like a terrible day :sad2:

Is it possible to give your feedback to the organisers, maybe they will take your points onboard and do something about the issues for next time.

They are blaming the local authority and the venue. No one really wants to take the blame for what was a badly organised car show! People who booked track time couldn't get to the trackside in time for their slot.

I was thinking they could fairly easily set up a park and ride system which would really help out.

how the **** can they blame the venue it is always bad getting into and out of lydden

maybe I am missing something because DIDNT THEY ARRANGE IT THERE or

maybe lydden has moved and is now run by a different council

With a bit of luck that means they will hold it somewhere sensible next year

except that you can book Lydden for a fraction of the cost of Brands etc.
I wonder why ?