Random petrol prices

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We seem to have a local petrol station that sets prices randomly.

Fri 133.9 Fri eve 135.9 Sat AM 136.9 Sun PM 137.9 Mon Am 135.9 Mon PM 134.9

What is this all about? It makes no sense at all? You can't tell me they have had new stock arrive during all these changes.

Pop in there armed with your evidence and demand to know what is going on! and mention a possible local newspaper involvement as well.

Pop in there armed with your evidence and demand to know what is going on! and mention a possible local newspaper involvement as well.

No, don't. Just leave 'em to it and submit your findings to the paper yourself, thus claiming all the credit.

@JakeyMD: Yes completely correct, they can indeed charge whatever they like. In a free market economy a product is worth as much or as little as someone else is willing to pay for it.

Whether or not this is fair and ethical is a different matter.

I like this idea, I'm going to go down armed with my camera and do a PANORAMA on em!

I like this idea, I'm going to go down armed with my camera and do a PANORAMA on em!

If you are planning an all out assault on the road fuel supply industry then it might be a good idea to use wet film. Digitally recorded images are notoriously hard to justify for evidential purposes. Even in raw format accompanied with EXIF tags.

Wet film, however, is notoriously hard to edit. Thus it stands a better chance of being admitted in evidence.

I see that alot down my way. It is also surprising how much it can vary just by driving a few miles into another area. Affluent areas tend to be around 5p/ltr higher. The prices we pay we ought to have the forecourt attendants back again!

I see that alot down my way. It is also surprising how much it can vary just by driving a few miles into another area. Affluent areas tend to be around 5p/ltr higher. The prices we pay we ought to have the forecourt attendants back again!
At these prices i'd expect a full valet as well!