R36 and W8 are going... This is the replacement :)

Hey All.

Finally making the jump over to the Audi side, with this 2006 37'000 mile Audi RS4 (B7) Saloon.

RS4_5.jpg

Having had the W8 for yonks, the dim-witted Haldex system on the R36 irritated me from day one. The more I drive it, the more it annoys me. Also, while the R36 is quick, I fancy even more POWER!

Problem is, I keep the W8 too and have to tax/insure/maintain it to quench my thirst for a big noisy 8 cylinder engine. The R36's VR6 is somewhat mute and just drones with anything but a stock exhaust on it.

The RS4 has more power, has the torsen permanent 4wd I like (rear bias on the Audi actually, as opposed to 50/50 on the W8) and produces an epic exhaust note. It's both cars in one - plus some :lol:

.. and naturally I will map it within about 3 seconds of owning it ;)

R36 is going part-exchange at a very healthy part-exchange price, by the time I have sold the W8 as well and factored in not taxing or insuring it, it'll cost me next to nothing to change :)

Seemed to make sense, and I do like a change :D

Forgot to ask, anyone know what that strange stick thing is just above the hand-brake??

RS4_4.jpg

There also appears to be three pedals... I'm rather confused!! :p

Isn't it the controls for built in sat nav? I rememebr my mothers A6 avant had that.

:lol: Stick it in 3rd - versi gear, that seems to do me fine.

1) Makes the tyres spin in the dry from stationary.
2) Makes the tyres spin in the dry whilst moving.
3) Can cause the tyres to spin up but power goes down.
4) I think a lot of people use this one.
5) Use this from about 90mph onwards
6) Super economy mode and for getting over 140mph

BACK OF THE NET. Very nice car, I really really want one of these. The remap figures are awesome on these if it is the twin turbo engine i'm thinking of.

Wayne - the 2.7 Twin Turbo was on the older RS4 (B5). This is the newer B7 with the 4.2 V8 FSi powerplant. It's naturally aspirated but by making lots of internal changes, FSI injection and a 8250rpm limit it pushes out 414bhp (420ps) stock.

Remaps to 445-450bhp, not bad gains for a n/a motor.

The new owner of the R36 is going to be very confused when he gets his log book!

Audi is the dogs danglies Rob. But I can't help wondering what you'll go to next when you get bored of it in 12 months time! :lol: