Question about my car.

Miniman

Torque Junkie
Car
Toyota starlet
Ok i was taking my missus home tonight and i got a fair way down the road and had to stop to let a car through, as i was pulling away a high pitched squeal occured from the engine bay.

Now i usually presumed this could be a warn drive belt or maybe a fault alternator but it only happened that once for a very short time and was fine the rest of the way and on the way home, it is very cold tonight so could that have any affect?

Im going to keep an eye on it but i thought i would ask here as people know what there talking about and its too late to start tinkering around, any thoughts?.

steve is right, its a belt id say too
a fan belt could be a touch too loose,
it was cold, was it raining too????

you probably had the radio, wipers, heaters, lights, with all these on, the alternator is under pressure, if a splash of water hits the belt under that pressure, it will screech

again if the belt is loose, its slipping,
the fact it went away again, never to be heard of, i wouldnt worry

steve is right, its a belt id say too
a fan belt could be a touch too loose,
it was cold, was it raining too????

you probably had the radio, wipers, heaters, lights, with all these on, the alternator is under pressure, if a splash of water hits the belt under that pressure, it will screech

again if the belt is loose, its slipping,
the fact it went away again, never to be heard of, i wouldnt worry

All of these were on except the radio. and yeh that makes perfect sense it wasnt raining but it was very cold and the roads were wet, also my car was starting to frost over so wouldve probably defrosted a bit creating water.

Oh well im now glad its probably nothing to worry about but i will still keep an eye on her, snowed in again though :amazed:.