Pre journey checklist

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What things do you check before you go on a long journey? Or do you not bother? Are weekly, monthly checks enough?

I check the tyre pressures and increase them a little and I check all fluid levels but that is about it for me.

What about you?

Well this is sorta a check i suppose but i always keep jump leads and a small toolbox in the boot with the likes of cable ties and bits in it. You never know when you might leave lights on or something simple like that or have a problem that needs a quick fix to get you out of a hole!! Or is just me that fact im driving a 20 year old car :rolleyes: lol!!!

A 20 year old E60 isn't a liability at all! I don't carry anything other than a can of tyre weld and some screen wash additive. There's nothing I can do with modern cars if they fail on the road then you need professional attention.

yup other than the standard vw toolkit (screwdriver with 17mm socket on the other side and the centre cap removal tool) 1 ltr of oil and bottle of screenwash.
ive only got the diagnostic lead and a jumpstarter in the car.
compare this to my fista where i had decent sized toolkit in the boot

I had a Montego once. In fact, I had one twice!

First was exceptionally well made for a Montego anyway.

The second one was a hideous piece of junk, I had to carry around a 4 ft piece of rope to open the bonnet just so I could connect a shorting wire to the coolant temp sensor to start the thing when cold.

Everything possible failed on that car. And the bonnet latch was the ultimate insult - denying me access to the engine bay to get it going again.

WHy anyone holds these cars in a special place in their heart is beyond me. Most of them were horrid.