polo mk4 body kits

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys and gals.

im thinking on getting a body kit for my polo and have found 2 sites that sell them for my car. do u guys know of some websites that sell body kits for my polo cos the websites i have found sell boring and crap looking kits. cheers.

Post up some links when you've found a few and we'll give you some feedback on the kits. I'd be interested to know what you turn up.

hi guys . well i have found a few but in the end i bought a polo sport bumper and customized it. i will be having it sprayed and fitted soon. all my mates like it and its sorta a 1 of a kind. if u wanna know what uit loks like . its a bit like the rs4 kit for a golf.

hey guys . um i will post some pics of my bumper when i have found my camera. lol. hopefully i will post them soon

hi waynne hopefully will be posting up pics tonight but not sure how to do it. i hav also got me eyebrows fitted aswell. so wa hoo. ma car is getting there . its almost how i want it.

its come up on my screen with a little box in the top left of the screen with a red x. can any of u guys c my car or is it the same.?

its not a image file .jpg .bmp etc

also as its on facebook it can cause some problems due to needing permission - friends etc.

click on go advanced then upload picture ( below the smileys ) then seect the file on the computer

www.photobucket.com - sign up and it allows you 1gb of space

i like the bumper
nod.gif
but personally im not to keen on the light brow
but if you like it thats all that matters!!!

well the brow makes the lights look different and it was cheaper than getting lights but i might end up getting some angel eyes any way. and i have thought about putting it under the dash. which i plan to do soon. heres the rest of pics i got of my car

my air filter has been taken off due to more cost on insurance. and also the car doesnt perform very well with it on. got my peco big bore 4 fitted to the car aswell. sounds nice. and its insured. :bigsmile:

cheers. i have still got lots of mods i want to do to it. but 1. i havnt got a licence yet so i cant go and buy the stuff easily 2. my mum reckons theres no point cos its such an old car and it could die on me 3. it all costs alot of money. lol. i want a full body kit, bucket seats, new alloys, lights for back, clear indicators and a respray . top half of car blue bottom half of car silver and hopefully thats all i plan to do to the car.lol

1) not really a problem as you can get the stuff delivered and fit it yourself
2) yup but them you could put in a recon engine
3) Dam right its money - youve got the kit, fitting - if its a cheap kit chances are it wont fit properly and will need to be cut and moulded to fit, painting as you said then the really expensive part. yes youve guessed it insurance.

cheers guys. oh and pgarner. the insurance company im with has said to me that anythuing cosmetic wont up the insurance . so i can put all the body kits i want on it lol. but i will still have to let them know i have done it though. i havnt fnished my mods yet . i will post a pic of my subs tonight . cos theyve got neons in em and look quite smart i think. would the car look neater if i took the back wiper blade off. cos i have debadged it already and wondered whether i should take the wiper off and will it be legal if i do? .

surprised bodykit wheels etc will make the car more visible for theifs or those who just want to mess up a decent looking car hense the increases

you dont need a rear wiper all youll need is a grommet to seal the hole

ok . so taking it off makes no difference then . and also do i need to take the motor out or can i leave it in there so when it comes to selling i can just put the wiper back on. also as far as im aware my insurance doesnt go up with body kits. wheels and other things im not sure but the kits are fine. i didnt get round to doing the pic cos it got to dark and the camera flash wouldve messed up the pic.

also do u know how to take the wiper out properly cos i dont want to mess it up.

Last edited:
ok cool. sorry to ask again but is it legal to not have one cos my mum is like o o o is it legal . r u sure josh. if it ups the insurance ur paying. so i wann be 100% sure its legal.

lets put it another way go out and look at a lots of cars. more than a few dont have them as standard, mines certainly doesnt.

you should inform your insurance company however, cant see why they would say its not

ok guys. should i inform them b4 taking it off or after? and pikey motorsports im just gonna get a bumper i like. but its gonna cost me a bomb the one on my car at the mo cost me £50 for the bumper £40 worth of mesh and £150 for spraying . its so expensive . i cant imagine how much the new one will cost to spray.

they dont need to know until the works done, but before you drive it on the public roads
however let them now that it is going to be done in the near future to confirm that they will cover it.

spray it yourse;f, spraying aint hard just take your time and you'll be fine.

thats if your really intent on fitting a combat bodykit to a polo...

thats fair enough. i wont say anything about that, as everyone is entitled to do what they want with their car. but im a VW enthusiast as opposed to a modder, so my opinions on what gets done to VW's by people like yourself probably wouldnt be appreciated here, so ill keep my trap shut! :lol:

although heres a challenge for ya. name 15 mods you can see in the pics... ill bet you cant! but they are there, believe me.
The best mods are the ones you know have been done, but you cant tell exactly what it was thats been done!

ohh me 1st
black vw on the front
front indicators changed for clear
side indicators shaved
rear lights
lowered
alloys
lower valance painted
wing mirrors painted
infact the whole cars been ether highly machine polished or repainted in another dark / midnight blue

rear wheels spaced ?

ok . ur views are appreciated here cos its not just modding that appeals to me . i have always liked me cars. but the modified cars have always been that little bit more appealing. every ones thoughts count.

and heres the 15 i think

front grill resprayed
wheels
clear indicators
tail lights
splitter has been changed or painted
all the scratch plates have been removed
side repeaters removed
new colour on the whole of the car
its lowered
has the front bumper been smoothed over?
aeriels been removed
debadged
rear wiper has been removed
have u got rear registration lights ?
no mud flaps?
thats all i can think of from looking at ur pic. i would like to know which ones and how many i got right,.