Police discretion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc denton

Track Warrior
Car
MR2
I was stopped at 04:00 this morning doing 120mph in my Lude with no VED, MOT or insurance:confused:

Let me off with it though. I think that was most decent:amuse::amuse:

Unbeleivable

That you drive around with no insurance or MOT is bad enough but at 120mph ???

Then when you get caught you get let off and think its clever to post it up on here.

The swear filter prohibits me from giving my opinion and I will keep this as a purely personal opinion so my post doesnt get deleted.

YOU ARE A DISCRACE

This is not the sort of thing I want our members to be encouraging, your actions are totally reckless and irresponsible and IMO you deserve to have the book thrown at you.

What if you'd had an accident and injured someone?

Tut Tut Tut.

I think somone is lying to make friends here.

That would have been any policemans wet dream. Maybe you can get let off with one or the other depending on what had happened. But come on. No MOT, no Insurance and 120MPH?

Of course the alternative is that you made this up which actually is better and only extremely stupid .

OK...maybe I can keep quiet about Baron Münchhausen sindrom you got. It is not my bussiness why you feel urge to made up unbeliveable stories.
But what you are doing here is much more serious. You actually encourage some of the younger drivers which got no solid opinions about traffic to behave in foolish and danger manner. That fact brings up my Tourette sindrom and as Sleeper said I wont writte it here.

For the first time i should just say shame on you! And if we where face in face you will get face palm. My palm on your face. Nothing personal - just for educational purposes.
Things that make fool to brag is the same things an decent man feels ashame!

Well if that is true then you have dropped to the lowest of the low. I don't know what is worse, the fact that you had the stupity to do it, to post it or the Police for letting you off which I find hard to believe.

Like many I can't post what my real thoughts are, no need to say it I reckon......

I think this is what is called trolling, where you make inflamatory statements in order to provoke a reaction, wind people up and start a heated debate. I suggest you just delete this thread Waynne.

I don't wish to encourage such behavior! far from it. I normally do stay legal. But I had to test the car somewhere & 04:00 in the morning seems the most sensible.

I actually stopped & waited for them expecting the worst, they didn't put the blue lights on or anything. I told them that I'd just took it out of my garage to test it & they decided to follow me back & confirm that it was kept off the road.

BTW: Driving an illegal car at any time is Not to be advised! I'm insured now & I was very lucky & they where very good indeed.

Before his final post I was all for the pitchforks and torches! But giving a faily valid reason for his rather strange post is well... valid. What would have helped is by giving this desciption IN your first post. That or you were being a Troll...

Even with an explanation it's still the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a long while.
Followed you back to check it was parked off the road?

Do you realise how unbelievable that sounds?
Why would they car that it's parked off the road? You've already proved your willing to drive on the road regardless of whether you was testing it or not.
In the eyes of the law it's illegal.

Before his final post I was all for the pitchforks and torches! But giving a faily valid reason for his rather strange post is well... valid. What would have helped is by giving this desciption IN your first post. That or you were being a Troll...

Sorry, but no valid reason was given for driving an uninsured, untaxed and non MOTd vehicle on the highway. If you must do this keep it to yourself and don't brag about it. Asuming that this isn't a trolling expedition, the guy is a pratt, end of.

Sorry, but no valid reason was given for driving an uninsured, untaxed and non MOTd vehicle on the highway. If you must do this keep it to ypurself and don't brag about it. Asuming that this isn't a trolling expedition, the guy is a pratt, end of.

I suppose your right! What I have learnt to be the best practice is to be safe not sorry.... Go to a race track were you can give your a car a real proper work out, I am sure it will be more rewarding then getting nicked by the fuzz!

JC, I have just read your explanation of the early morning events and I shall say this to you!

TorqueCars do neither endorse or condone this kind of reckless behaviour from either it's own members or the general public at large.

From now on, please refrain from posting any more posts that describe any type of behaviour in which you break the law! The post will be instantly deleted!

This website is all about encouraging friendly informative helpful advice between our members and above all - we champion the use of road safety!

T9 man
Moderator.

Now that I think of it its a cracking little engine. 0-60 isn't that great but from 70 onwards it pulls strongly nearly up to its top speed...which shall not be mentioned.:lol:

I think it's probably time to close this thread, it would appear to have run it's course. If the OP wants it reopening please send me a PM and I'll do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.