Piper cams release for the ST

The JAF

Tuner
Car
Focus ST 2.5T
Just received an interesting e-mail from demon tweeks saying that Piper have announced cams for the ST.

On inspecting the website they'll make it to any profile you want. Interesting, only problem is the liners are like a chocolate teapot, cams are a great mod but i could prob pull the same gains upping the boost 2 psi. The st cant take the pressure in the cylinder. So itll prob go pop either way.

Hm i wonder if its too late to ask santa for some nikasil liners and forged pistons???

Theres no harm in trying. I guess you have some pretty big stockings:lol::lol:

Out of interest Piper now have a 3" system for the ST, my mate Chris was the guinea pig and it sounds superb! He has just got it back from them this week. He's like a dog with two ***** ;)

Out of interest what is yours putting out?

Still at stage 1 which is approx 260. 300 is perfect setup for it but thatll never win a willy waving competition now will it. Think ill wait till the rs comes out, either buy one of them or buy an engine.

£ inches is ideal for up to 300-400bhp. The standard is 2 1/2.

A 3 inch turbo back will usually add about 20-30bhp onto a standard car.

Stamford im going to visit chris in the new year, hes one of the members on the club i run.

It makes sense at those power figures. I just though 3 inches was a bit big for a sub 300bhp engine. I didn't realise the standard exhausts were 2.5 so I guess its not that much more when you think about it.