peugeot 406 air intake sensor

N

nickleback

Hello all,
Can anyone tell me where the air intake sensor is on a pug 406, the haynes manual is not a help, i know on a calibra it was blue.
Also does anyone know a good air filter for a pug 406, and what is the correct way to fit it, what i mean is do i need to get the engine adjusted for better mix air/fuel.

Thanx for reading

Martyn

Which air sensor do you mean?

In general there is a MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) sensor which should be on your inlet manifold, or a MAS (Mass Airflow) sensor which would be located between the air feed and your airbox (unlikely but it might be after the air filter and before the throttle inlet). If you post up some detailed picture we may be able to help more.

Don't worry about adjusting anything, you wont need to unless you start playing with engine internals, or thinking about forced induction etc. etc.

Just go with a decent enclosed air filter, made by BMC, Green, Simota or like.

Fitting should be simple enough, as long as you get a kit which is designed for your car.

Hi Nickleback welcome to the site. What year is your car? The air sensor will generally be found along the line of the induction feed - follow the path from the filter to the manifold and locate the wire - this is connected to the airflow sensor - hope that helps.

Have you done any mods to your car yet? (Any planned?)