Parking at busy times

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What tips do you have for finding a parking space in shopping centres at busy times, like the Christmas rush and January sales?

Does waiting for a space to appear work better than going round and round? If you see a space and you know another car was there before you do you let them take it or is it every man for himself?

I jumped a que the other day and sped into a spot some old lady in a pug was wating for. I had good reason for it to. She cut me up at the round about to get into the carpark first, I went the long way round and back on myself. HAHA the look on her face was priceless!!! :bigsmile:

I tend to drive around, shouting, swearing and giving people who go to there car to drop bags off a dirty look.

I usually find a nice easy spot in a side road or outside someones house, sometimes i'll even ask to or pay to use someones driveway just outside the town centre and then walk in, much easier and stress free

and Joe if those people can't carry everything they've bought back to the car in one go at the end of the day then they are not much of a man :lol:

you'll usually see me trudging along packed to the gunnels with 6 bags under the arms another 6 in each hand and if i run out of fingers i use the missus as a pack mule :lol::lol::lol:

im with Big Fat Fatty on this 1!!!
the merryhill center by me is a great example 9 times out of 10 i can park on there car parks easily it just means i have to walk for 5-10 minuets to the shopping center. but on the very very rare occasion i cant park on there car parks. i will use a side street and walk the 10-15 minuets to the shopping center
most people wont do this cause they are just to lazy!!!!:(