Osmos wheels

CitizenErazed

Torque Junkie
Car
1.4 Tigra MK1
Just curious what you think about the use of these on cars?
http://www.osmoswheel.com/pages/application.asp

I first saw these on motor bikes and thought the idea of putting them on cars would just be a concept one and that it wouldn't work but clearly I was wrong, however I was expecting it to provide a hollow wheel into an empty underside of the car, as the parts under the car needed for normal wheels wouldn't be needed, those pictures show this idea to be wrong though

but still what's your opinions?

From what I can see around the site they've been in use since 2003 so why have I only seen them on bikes? They can be put on cars it seems, so why does no one seem to be doing it?

Last edited:
Hmm a wheel without a hub. These look very very cool and I spotted these quite a few years ago on a Sbarro sports car.

It is probably the mechanical complexity that has stopped then from catching on. There are quite a few plus points like better braking, more stability and lower unsprung weight (apparently;))

They do look very cool indeed! Good to know they have been spotted about on cars aswell, I might look into seeing how much it'd cost to get them put on my car. The thing I'm most dubious about apart from the possible cost is the brakeing, I know it's supposed to be better, but I have my doubts about weather it'll really work at all Lol, one way to find out though!:bigsmile:

Well from what I've seen some race cars are useing them. not like formula one or owt though. It's easy to dismiss it because it's not poular but if we did that to everything, nothing new would ever kick off