Old Cars VS New Cars

Tricomb

Car
83' El Camino SS
I've got a small understanding about the difference in later/newer model cars, as in the newer cars run with a CPU and older one are carbonated and that after it become 20-25 years old you don't need emissions. (I'm in America by the way, I'm not sure if that means I wont need to get the emissions inspected or if I don't need the whole system)

On that note what would be the effects of removing your emissions systems, and where are cars going in the future? In terms of computers and what a mechanic might face in the future?

All in all whats your stand on old or new cars, whats your pick?

emmission control and ecus are not the same thing

If you remove the first you still need the second

Some countries have much more lenient emission controls on older engines. Whatever the fuel and delivery method the measurements will be taken from the exhaust and they will look at PPM and CO2 emission levels.

Taking out the catalyst or smog control as fitted to ECU controlled cars will often mean that your emissions levels will go too high to pass an inspection. (But is not always the case)

I prefer newer cars than older ones. I am done with messing around with little faults and niggles and just want to get in and drive a nice fast car. Old cars have character but I like the refinement and safety you get in a newer car.

I have a 1985 carbureted mustang and a 2006 cobalt ss. I'll take the cobalt over the mustang anyday and this is why:

The mustang consumes about 1.5x the fuel to make the same power, all while spewing smoke and just in general, being less safe. The mustang (and many other muscle cars now) belongs either on a race track, or a show floor. It's just not a great DD. Older cars are great, and they last forever if taken care of, but for everyday reliability, fuel economy, and safety, it's all about the newer cars.