Newbie with a polo

A

andre34

hi, im new to this tuning business, but have jus bought a mk4 polo(96)... its a 1.4 but i would like more power, speed and top end out of it.
People have suggested so many different things to me but i would like to know the safest, cost effective yet best optioons to do this.

i have been told about chipping car,re mapping, new engine induction kit, exhaust.... but this is all alien to me can someone help please....:p

hey and welcome. ive moved you to your own thread to make things easier to find.

most cost effective mods would be sell it and buy something more powerful
or fit another engine.

good induction kits and full exhaust ( including cat and manifold ) will proberly give you around 8-10bhp gain but full exhaust with a decat and manifold will cost around £600 at a guess more if you go for a sports cat to help yourself at MOT time.

this age your borderline. chances are it would have to be chipped rather than remapped -which is done through the diagnostic port - for around £200 youd be looking at around 6-8bhp .

just remember that you will have to declare all this to your insurer

Hi there, good to have you along. You should pick up plenty of tips from the pages on this site;)