Newbie driving 06 lancer

rockoil

Car
lancer
Hi guys,

i am driving the 06 lancer having the small 4G18 engine.

Looking on ways to improve my ride, any recommendations are welcome.

Was wondering, modding the car to the path of NA or bolt on turbo is better for my ride?

Things i had done on my ride.

1. Mivec Gear box with 4.6FD.
2. Proper heat shield with open pod filter.
3. 4-2-1 with hi-flow cat with 2" straight through muffler.
4. Exedy 3 plug clutch.
5. Emanage blue piggyback

Changing my throttle body with a bigger opening helps? Currently, felt car laggy during pick up till 3k RPM then better power. Seems like low end of my ride rather bad till mid range.

I am pretty lost here on what i should do next to my ride.

Last edited:
You won't get alot if any gains out of a bigger TB.
When you start to mod any engine you have to think things through. Some upgrades will increase Acceleration and others will increase top end speed.
Have you got a budget in mind for what you want to do to the car?

Last edited:
You won't get alot if any gains out of a bigger TB.
When you start to mod any engine you havd to think things through. Some upgrades will increase Acceration and others will increase top end speed.
Have you got a budget in mind for what you want to do to the car?

Understand just getting the bigger TB wont help much.

But now is really lost on which path to take. Further NA setup like high comp piston and port and polish or choice bolt on Turbo....

Guess, budget is around 3K+ for now.

Before supercharging any car I would advise test driving a car that is Supercharged. I say this because not everyone likes the way they deliver the power. It's sort of an aqcuired taste in some respects.
I'd go for the Turbo conversion personally.

Last edited:
how about supercharging ? it would be less money than turbocharging as theres less plubing needed

Had checked with my mech and was told turbo-charged is more suitable for my car. That why didnt put it in my wishlist.

Before supercharging any car I would advise test driving a car that is Supercharged. I say this because not everyone likes the way they deliver the power. It's sort of an aqcuired taste in some respects.
I'd go for the Turbo conversion personally.

what do you mean? i cant say i have ever been in a supercharged car but its just no lag isn't it, wooof and off you go?

What cc is the car and what is your base power figure? (hello there as well and welcome)

What cc is the car and what is your base power figure? (hello there as well and welcome)

Hi,

it just a 1.6cc engine. base power is only around 80+hp. After things that i had change it running at around 100hp.