New music for your car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Got any new music for your car?

I have just got Lorde, Bastille and imagine dragons, a mix CD is being burned as I type!

Last edited:
Bastille are immense, try some 90s classics scatman John is always a winner ir some hadaway.

Skrillex? Example are good

My Jazz FM compilations arrived yesterday, I shall put them into my iTunes library later and download them to my iPod and iPhone.

Classic gold on the new dab.
Showing age now.

You can only get Jazz FM on DAB or the internet now :sad2:

I am currently exploring DAB for the car - I have a portable one indoors. Alpine do an add-on system called Alpine EZ-DAB which looks promising. But I don't really want another bolt on type accessory on the dashboard. Started to look at a double din unit to replace the factory system as Saab do not do a DAB upgrade unit for my model car as of yet.

I'm having a similar dilemma, I want DAB in the car. In my last car I had a JVC single din head unit fitted and it worked really really well. I too want a nice double din unit to fit but am struggling to find anything suitable.

We had a Pure Highway add on box but the ariels you get with them are rubbish, even the upgraded magnetic ariel is a real pain to use as you have to open the window/door to trail the cable over the car.

I would wait a while as its far from perfect and as said the ariels are awkward.
Mine sticks to the window like a sat nav so you have to remove it when parked.
I am lucky I live in a good reception area so it sounds ok.

Trouble is that I do so many miles at the moment so I need it to work all over the country. Approaching 145,000 now in the Munich Rage Magnet 528i

I would wait a while as its far from perfect and as said the ariels are awkward.
Mine sticks to the window like a sat nav so you have to remove it when parked.
I am lucky I live in a good reception area so it sounds ok.

Now there is the head scratcher. My portable DAB radio does FM as well. It has an ordinary telescopic aerial and works better on DAB than it does on FM. On digital reception the aerial is straight up and my signal reception is marvellous, on FM however I find I have to swing the aerial about for a decent reception for some stations.

I must be missing something here, but I cannot see why DAB units for cars always mention a seperate aerial required, surely it merely requires an aerial splitter/amplifier so that both units can share the same aerial :blink:

It has something to do with signal wavelength. With DAB the signal is 51cm which is the perfect size for an aerial.

DAB is also digital so down to about 75 signal strength you get 100% clarity, below this it becomes choppy and cuts out whereas with FM you just get a fizzy crackly signal but can still hear the radio broadcast.

You can only get Jazz FM on DAB or the internet now :sad2:

I am currently exploring DAB for the car - I have a portable one indoors. Alpine do an add-on system called Alpine EZ-DAB which looks promising. But I don't really want another bolt on type accessory on the dashboard. Started to look at a double din unit to replace the factory system as Saab do not do a DAB upgrade unit for my model car as of yet.

http://tinyurl.com/mldpfvl

This looks promising dude. I think you'll need to upgrade the aerial though.

It does indeed look promising Dave, I see it is in effect half price so I am assuming there is a replacement model out now or due imminently. Will try and get over to Halfords tomorrow afternoon for a little chat :smile: