New Civic owner, couple of questions.

C

Craig33

Hello Chaps, just bought myself a 59 plate civic type r gt and have a few questions about things that im hopeing someone can answer.

1. For various reasons I want to play music with the doors open. Is it possible to do this without the audible warning coming from the dashboard?

2. When connecting my iPhone i cannot browse ipod on the device (works fine through the dashboard). It says something like 'does not recognise this device' and 'do i want to enable aircraft mode, you will not be able to receive calls', does anyone know if its a firmware issue either on the phone or the car? At the moment if its anything other than a playlist i have to dis-connect navigate to what i want play/pause then re-connect.

3. Is there any trick to getting the seat to click back into the place it came from should i pull it forward to let someone in the back?

Other than that im loving this car. Big upgrade from the Fiesta ST i had.

welcome.

Q1 you could always disable the drivers door switch so it thinks its closed all the time
Q2 i remember a few folk complaining about the ipod interface on the civics so its probably an issue with the car - or apple constantly updating the firmware
q3 dont think so

hello mate, the answer for question 2 is that there is no solution lol ive got the same problem on my pioneer stereo, when i connect my iphone i cannot select songs from the iphone whilst its connected, it still plays songs but you have to navigate through songs from the car.

hope it helps