hey guys (and girls if there's any which i doubt lol) future owner of a Civic '95

PrimusKiob

Car
Honda Civic Ex 1995
hey guys... just looking for some pointers here... im gonna get a Civic '95.. im a newbie in this so im not soo sure of what to look for in buying a 2ndhand car... although i know to look for a car which works just fine. i was wondering on what kind of engine to look for... im kinda a speedjunkie and im a big fan of The Fast and the Furious Civics hehe... oh yeah and one last question... if theres a choice between 1.6L and a 2.0L, on speed and fuel consumption, which is better?

Re: hey guys(and girls if there's any which i doubt lol) future owner of a Civic '95

hey and welcome to the site mate

it will depend on what engine is fitted there was the d series engine that was 110bhp and a b series that was everything from 160-190 both in 1.6 formats

Re: hey guys(and girls if there's any which i doubt lol) future owner of a Civic '95

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

hey guys... just looking for some pointers here... im gonna get a Civic '95.. im a newbie in this so im not soo sure of what to look for in buying a 2ndhand car... although i know to look for a car which works just fine. i was wondering on what kind of engine to look for... im kinda a speedjunkie and im a big fan of The Fast and the Furious Civics hehe... oh yeah and one last question... if theres a choice between 1.6L and a 2.0L, on speed and fuel consumption, which is better?

Hello and welcome mate! Leave engine capacity to the Americans! Capacity does not equal power. There is no 2.0L variant.

I can tell you exactly what engine it will have based on some vital information...

1/ Is it a hatchback or a coupe?

2/ Does it have rear discs?

Check the rear arches for rust and rot very carefully. Get a key and push it into the body work (inside the arch). If the key goes through, and the body feels soft it is rot. Run away because it will be worthless.

Check the service history and make sure any work has been done. Ask plenty of questions. When you get inside, make like a child and press every button to make sure it works. When you test drive it, work it hard! Once you pull back up and park, check for any fluid leaks on the floor. If it is VTEC make sure it doesn't smoke. If it does, again walk away. Trust your instincts.

Good luck and let us know the result!