New Car! Kind of......

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
Just found out the Misses son has just bought a Honda Civic 1.5LE 1998.

From what I can gather, this particular model is quite rare. As they were only made between Jan 1998 and Jun 1998. Its the 114bhp version and tops a staggering 112mph!

As he can't drive, has no licence and is unlikely to in the near future, this now becomes my project (secretly lol) but he will obviously own the car!

I have not seen it yet, but it does have 6months MOT and 6months tax. I should see some pics by end of the week and will get my hands on it in Feb.

Any good points, bad points to the car. I don't know Honda's that well.

Last edited by a moderator:
To put it in perspective, 114bhp is more than the MK1 and MK2 RS2000 in their day, and they were considered the dogs danglies.

He'll have a right game trying to get insured on that as a new driver when the time comes! Strip it out, add some coilovers and I bet it'll be a right laugh.

114 bhp is pretty good from a 1998 1.5. Be interesting to see what can be done with it. Supercharger, lol.

Honda's 1.6 B16 engine produced 160bhp in 1998.

Just found out the Misses son has just bought a Honda Civic 1.5LE 1998.

From what I can gather, this particular model is quite rare. As they were only made between Jan 1998 and Jun 1998. Its the 114bhp version and tops a staggering 112mph!

As he can't drive, has no licence and is unlikely to in the near future, this now becomes my project (secretly lol) but he will obviously own the car!

I have not seen it yet, but it does have 6months MOT and 6months tax. I should see some pics by end of the week and will get my hands on it in Feb.

Any good points, bad points to the car. I don't know Honda's that well.

Nice first car. I'm assuming it's the 5 door version then?

No mate. 3 Door LE model. According to Parkers, it was made for 6 months, produced 114bhp and went like stink!

I don't think he will get insured on it next year or the year after. Have done a quick check, and he would be looking at £1100 for a provisional insurance at 3rd party fire and theft. You can expect that to double once he has his licence.

Still, doesn't stop me from playing about with it! And making it my ''project''! :)

No mate. 3 Door LE model. According to Parkers, it was made for 6 months, produced 114bhp and went like stink!

I don't think he will get insured on it next year or the year after. Have done a quick check, and he would be looking at £1100 for a provisional insurance at 3rd party fire and theft. You can expect that to double once he has his licence.

Still, doesn't stop me from playing about with it! And making it my ''project''! :)

Sounds like an EJ9 (assuming it's a hatch) then. If it helps, when I had my Civic I paid £1400 at the age of 19 for my insurance. I have a feeling I'm going to be helping with this one...

Sounds like an EJ9 (assuming it's a hatch) then. If it helps, when I had my Civic I paid £1400 at the age of 19 for my insurance. I have a feeling I'm going to be helping with this one...

I LIKE! :D

Thats not to bad then. When you think about it.

I just hope none of his good for nothing mates doesn't con him out of it before I get back. He got it cheap. £500 notes with 6months tax/mot. The tax will be sold so he should get something back on that.

:blink: I have just thought. I best get on the blower to him. I don't want him going and ''fixing'' things on it before I see it. I have seen him fix things before on a 125 motorbike. Its never ran since!!!!! :D