Need advice - polo 8v 1.4

sufi

Car
Polo 1.4
hi, noob at all of this, have a y reg 2001 mk4 polo 8v 1.4, was looking at making it a little better performance wise and read the other post regarding tuning etc, am following the advice and getting a panel filter for it, but can't find where to get the scorpion cat-back exhaust, and will it be fitted as I have no knowledge of this, also what the difference with full cat back and back boxes, which one do I need? the other question is how will the 2 things affect the performance, handling, bhp and mpg? sorry for all the questions but my polo is smooth but just looking at giving it a bigger kick without any major alterations, may do other mods/tune ups in future.

also does anyone know where I can get leather interior for my polo been looking everywhere with no joy, thanks.

to be completely honest pal your not gonna see an awful lot of difference.

Performance - you'll gain 5-8 bhp with a panel and cat back exhaust, you will not tell the difference in the real world, except the throttle response will be slightly improved. what you will notice is the "placebo" effect. ie, "iv fitted A & B to my car therefore it must be faster", so you will convince yourself it is.

handling - why would engine mods make any difference to handling?

bhp - see performance ^^^^

MPG - its a 1.4 8v, not gonna hurt you much in the old MPG stakes.

thanks for the advice, much appreciated, so you would say it isn't worth spending that amount of cash on getting such a small gain which it seems would hardly be noticed? the exhaust is going to set me back about £250 so I think I'll just put in the panel filter, may not make any difference at all by the sound of it (and you're absolutely right 'placebo affect' and at a cost of £35 it won't dent the pocket, I read about chipping or ecu mapping would this also be a waste of my hard earned cash as well? I really don't want to do any major changes like putting in a 16v golf engine etc in. Overall its not a bad little runner but as you know boys and their toys (we want everything bigger, faster, better). cheers mate any other advice would be appreciated

the remap will probably free up around another 6bhp

and id go with the lower estimate on pikeys for a cat back and filter

re exhaust buy it where you can find it and any decent garage/exhuast place will fit it for you but dont expect it for free ;)

thanks for the advice, the info for the scorpion is below, do I need anything with this as you stated getting an exhaust or will this do the job?

System Type
This is a full CAT-back exhaust system. It includes all the pipework from the CAT backwards to the tail-pipe.

just to conf its a y reg polo 8v 6n2 if this helps, 60bhp at mo, so with the panel, cat back exhaust, re map I'm looking at pushing it to about 75bhp?

guys this forum is awesome, thanks to all who have helped, I've been looking for help for about a month and this is really helping, thanks