pls help!!-polo playa 1.8 (2002) need advise on customizing/modding/installing

dblharmonic

Car
polo playa 1.8 '02
hi all, im looking for advice from polo experts for the following reasons:

-i would like to increase the fuel efficiency,
-i would like to install a cd/mp3/aac player as well as a cheap sound system
would i need to upgrade my speakers if i want to put an amp and sub in?(car has four[2back, 2 front] medium-good quality speakers that are factory defaults)
i need advice on where i can have it installed as well etc...

also, please give any tips on how i can tweak the performance by means of air filters/ turbos (do turbonators work well?) etc :) your advice and help would be much appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would only buy that turbonator is the girl in the advert came with it. Otherwise it looks like cheap rubbish.

I'm not massive on ICE installs (I don't want the extra weight) but as far as I know you'll to upgrade the speakers so that they can handle the extra power. I can't really elborate further thought tbh. Your best bet is to ask in the ICE section above (found under general chat).

You also need to decide whether you want better fuel economy or more power as the 2 rarely work hand in hand.

the turboator is a waste of time- the swiral effect that it creates is already done by your engine.

and actual turbo conversion for the price sell the polo and buy a turboed car.
really youll not see much in the way of performance without spending alot of money and with that youll see your car becoming less economical

the cd player, remove the standard one and fit the new one. VW use standard ISO fittings so there is no need for cables. im not sure if you will need a facia for it but they will just clip in as well

thanx all, much appreciated.. what about a fuel saver? are they expensive, do they inhibit power and how efficient are they?

where can i get a definite-compatible induction kit for my car? and how can i incorporate a cold airflow to the cone filter?

tnx

Last edited:
thanx all, much appreciated.. what about a fuel saver? are they expensive, do they inhibit power and how efficient are they?

where can i get a definite-compatible induction kit for my car? and how can i incorporate a cold airflow to the cone filter?

tnx

The cold air induction (a.k.a CAI) depends on the type you get. For example these K&N 57i induction kits are rubbish. They basically suck in the warm air from the engine meaning you lose power. The cone needs to be much further away or use a heat shield.

By fuel saver what exactly do you mean? Is it some sort of chip?