Nail in tire

Ricardo

Car
Cavalier Z-type
Sooo a month or so ago i realized i had a nail in one of my tires. The lil devil is doing pretty well and has became a part of the tire so to say. So my question to you guys is if i should rush to take it out or if i can wait a bit on it.
It hasnt given me any troubles and chances are it was there when i bought it (3~ months ago) and who knows for how long the previous owner had it there.
The only thing i've noticed is that the tire air pressure goes down to 15~ psi and i have to get it back up to 25 every now and then.

If you take it out then the air will come out much quicker. Leave it until you can afford to either get it repaired or get a new tyre.

Yea hehe i wasnt thinking of taking it out by myself, i was just wondering if it could blow up at any moment or if i could just leave it there for a month until i can get it repaired.

If you've ever felt a nail in a tyre after a journey you will notice that it gets extremely hot. In my opinion this is dangerous and can cause the tyre to overheat. You will also be losing pressure although at a fairly slow rate. This also adds to flexing and heat build up and will cause the end of the tyres life prematurely.

For $20 or so to get a repair done I wouldn't bother risking it if it were me. I've discovered nails in tyres that have been there for some time but as soon as I noticed it I got it sorted out ASAP.