mystery problems??

Yes, I had a problem with a car and I thought it was just the water pump. Everytime I turned the steering wheel it would screamed so after putting it the car in 3 garages to get fixed, none of them were able to find the problem so ended up selling it

yes. before my pug 205 wouldnt start when it was warm. change plugs, leads etc... but to no avail. finally changed the fuel filter and after that never happened again?

I remember that in carb fed petrol 405s. Something to do with fuel evaporation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes a mysterious Knock Sensor fault on my old Primera. Changed the thing twice reset the codes and still had the same Fault code keep coming up but strangely it didn't alter the cars performance.

Aye, the old Corolla had a wierd problem that it would lose power at a certain rev point in second.

The previous owner had that problem, even had the engine refubished and it was still there.

Yes quite a few cars I owned had some weird problems(that is why I got them cheap in the first place!) The one that comes tio my mind, is a Packard caribbean which I bought with a blown transmission , this car had a huge straight 8 cylinder, 359 Cu inch,220HP engine, mated to an Ultramatic auto trans of Packard make, and was the only automatic transmission that I could not fix to my satisfaction,parts for the transmission were difficult to come by, and this was the main root of the problem, I must have stripped and reassembled this trans: at least 6 times. -It would shift into neutral going down a hill, due to loss of hydraulic pressure to the front pump-giving me some heart stopping moments while descending the steep hills of the area I was living in in those days.
It was a lovely car , highly advanced even by today's standards, had an excellent self levelling suspension, air conditioning and power steering that were super, and many other features too numerous to list, I sold it very reluctantly, to a good friend of mine who was desperate to have the car, and who lived in the plains, he had no problems whatsoever with it.

Thankfully I've sorted every problem the car has had.

A friend of mine has an MX5 that keeps eating cats! He is on his 5th one in 6 months. Even Mazda couldn't find a problem.

Thankfully I've sorted every problem the car has had.

A friend of mine has an MX5 that keeps eating cats! He is on his 5th one in 6 months. Even Mazda couldn't find a problem.

i suspect someone has hidden a fish under the bonnet somewhere;)

sorry couldnt resist:embarrest: