My new toy...

sorry 1000 bhp wasnt the only killer of it. might have been the wrong gear that did the major damage

ohh and it was the rod that went through the engine
r32biturbo301wu9.jpg

looks like fresh meat on the table.
can you make sure it's performance after you take it, cause here says, 5.6 seconds 0-60 mph. and 155mph top speed.
the engine is cool to be tuned.

looks like fresh meat on the table.
can you make sure it's performance after you take it, cause here says, 5.6 seconds 0-60 mph. and 155mph top speed.
the engine is cool to be tuned.

No problem ;).

I'll be going to Santa Pod in a couple of weeks and on a trip down the Autobahn to 'The Ring' at some point too.

A few reviews I've read state it'll beat 5.6 on Launch Control and that VW where conservative in their estimates.

the 600 one must be or the golf r36 then

wondering if the 500 is the limit for the DSG thought it would have been lower than this tbh

Being nosey as I am.. I sent them an email asking how the DSG copes... This is the reply I got (excuse the poor Germans English!)

Hello Rob,
We drive our Passat R36 with this power and torque daily, we have now 69'000km without problems driven. Only by R36 DSG VW used original stronger cog wheels original. Normal DSG = modul 1,65 and R36 DSG = 2,1 modul.
Best regards. Ute

I have no idea!

That said - having spent £24'500 on the car.. I don't have £23 to spend on a turbocharger, never-mind £23'000. So it doesn't really matter ;)

Here is a bit of an R36 thread update....

Took it to Santa-Pod stock and ran a 13.667 at 100.38:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2TgaUyZtI

Went up-to Chipped-UK (a friend of mine was holding a rollers/remap day) and managed to produce 308BHP stock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7UNy5BZZlM

A remap later and its producing ~ 340BHP :D

We're estimating this HP figure, as the low down torque post-map was causing it to jump around on the rollers. Had to run it in 5th gear as opposed to 4th, so didn't take it to red-line. Produced 323BHP at 5600rpm officially.

Torque-curve is ruler flat from just over 2k to near 6k thanks to clever cams etc - impressed everybody. Explains the surge of power from nowhere in the rev-range.

Massive gains for a n/a engine, but further research shows the R36 isn't just a "mapped" version of the normal 280BHP 3.6 VR6, but a version with a different cylinder head housing bigger intake valves - as a result its de-tuned at 300BHP.

Can't help but want a cat-back exhaust now!! Have to start saving... !

Will be going back to Santa-Pod on 1st November to try and set a better time :)

... oh and the 155MPH limiter has been removed, so I have offered to take my other half to the Christmas markets in Koln this year :lol:... little does she know!

Last edited:
The new '3.6 V6' is a new block (as found in the US Passat 3.6 4motion, and UK Passat CC 3.6 and produces 280BHP.

When I first got the R36, I suspected it to be a 'VW mapped up' version of this NEW block, and thus there to be little or no gains to be had - but its got the bigger valves as well.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back