My new car coming soon

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've done it! I've signed a deal on my next car and interestingly sold my old one within a few hours of putting it up for sale! (Had 2 enquiries already!)

Hopefully my car goes on Thursday evening and the new one arrives on Saturday.

(Black A3, Full leather interior, BOSE speakers - all what I wanted but it is a manual and the 140 hp so a remap is pretty high up the priority list. It should save me a small fortune in running costs though! I might even add a turbo upgrade and aim for 200bhp but we'll see how it goes really. So watch this space!)

Sounds nice but looks to be a step back from the current one?

Yup - big step back but looking to save about £200-£300 per month. I dare say I'll have something interesting again in a couple of years when we have financially recovered.

Me buying a DIESEL - who'd have thought it!

Yup - big step back but looking to save about £200-£300 per month. I dare say I'll have something interesting again in a couple of years when we have financially recovered.

Me buying a DIESEL - who'd have thought it!

Well you cannot argue with that! I am saving £100 per month since switching to the Vectra CDTi for the daily commute rather than the old Discovery TD5. Plus my back has improved!

Is that because you're not bending over it or stuck under it for repairs...? I thought the TD5's were OK on their suspension?

Suspension, it had the active one and didn't work. At least being a 5 seat I didn't have the airbag suspension issues of the 7 seaters. Yes it did give me some grief when servicing etc, not the easiest of cars to work on due to some bits being hard to reach,very tight and the 18s were very heavy to left on and off, hence a poorly back. It has been missed but not when it comes to working on it!

Anyway back on topic, like Waynne I have changed for a better bank balance, the replacement cheaper to run so over a 350 mile a week commute I am much better off.

Well if I am to be honest here, the Audi A4 2.0 TDi hire car that I had for 3 months was a revelation when it came to fuel economy. Compared to my thirsty monster it was marvellous and suprisingly nippy on pick up.

Had it a few days now, there are some issues to sort out with the paintwork - just minor stuff but I'm really happy with it.

It does seem quite pokey in an all or nothing kind of way. A remap is on the cards to smooth out the power band and give me a few more ponies so watch this space.

When it's been finished I'll get some pictures up!

Yea matey enjoy, I personally don't mind diesels on the road today, my only gripe with them would be the sound they make, very not interesting apart from that they seem to be brilliant, inexperienced with them but haven't heard a good sounding one yet.