Moving speed limit signs

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was speeding the other day! The only reason for this was that they have moved a 30 sign 200 yards up the road!

I am normally quite concientious but I bet when road signs get moved or changed a lot of drivers will get caught out.

It actually goes to show how little attention we pay to signs on familiar roads.

In another area we have a 60mph down to 40 limit and once again it was pure chance that I noticed the change.

Is there anything to stop the police from setting up a speed camera and clocking loads of speeding motorists? Does this sort of thing happen in your area?

There isn't, but the police play fair around where we are, they don't plonk the mobile cameras in such a zone, and I suspect it would be a warning for the first six months or so.

Edit: Would be nice if they added a flourescent background to it for 6-12 months to help people spot it has changed.

I think speed limits should be dropped in stages, waynne im sure you will know on the Dover - Deal road when coming back into Deal, the speed limit drops from 50 - 30 mph, when you drop to 30 mph, it feels like you aren't moving, and the amount of people who go speeding down there is rediculous.

THe police are generally pretty fair. After all, it's not their decision to change the speed limits.

You can't argue that a road deemed safe at 60mph yesterday is suddenly dangerous at 37mph tomorrow just because the signs have changed

I think speed limits should be dropped in stages, waynne im sure you will know on the Dover - Deal road when coming back into Deal, the speed limit drops from 50 - 30 mph, when you drop to 30 mph, it feels like you aren't moving, and the amount of people who go speeding down there is rediculous.

I know quite a few who have been done for speeding on that little stretch!

thats because theres an insane amount of police down in kent. bloody hell went past around 5 cars in one road in some town just sitting there.

Probably all outside my house! There are quite a few down here though, I guess it helps us all feel safe at night.

Probably all outside my house! There are quite a few down here though, I guess it helps us all feel safe at night.

But I bet even with alot of police around they still take ages to come out when you call them. I had my car windows smashed the other year and they didn't even bother coming out. They just gave me a crime number and thats it. :confused: