moving a car

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
i am thinking of buying a car but the car is north of brum and i am down in dorset, so if i were to pick it up it's going to cost me a day, petrol there and petrol for two cars to come back, what is the cheapest way to move a car? Cheers

i am thinking of buying a car but the car is north of brum and i am down in dorset, so if i were to pick it up it's going to cost me a day, petrol there and petrol for two cars to come back, what is the cheapest way to move a car? Cheers

Find a mate locally who's happy to give his/her time to the cause and reimburse him/her for their fuel spend.

I cannot think of any other cheaper way unless you have access to a recovery vehicle, but bear in mind that these are going to use quite a lot of fuel given their weight and size.

There are freelance chauffeurs around who will do the whole job for you but they will not assess the car and decide whether or not to proceed and buy it. Their time is also pretty pricey.

You might consider contacting a local private hire taxi firm but even so it's likely to be around £150, whether or not you bring back the prospective purchase.

I'm quite willing to help you with this as a Torque Cars member. I'm trying to work out a way to get around the immediate logistical problem ie. at some point we're going to wind up with a situation where there's 3 cars and only two drivers. Have you decided finally and formally to buy the new vehicle? If so it's a bit easier.

Perhaps get a train/coach to somewhere around this patch (Buckingham/Aylesbury /Milton Keynes).

I could collect you from there and take you to the exact address in B'ham, whereupon you need only take your new car back home.

It's a genuine offer to assist so if I can be of help then do say so.

Kind rgds,

P.

AM GOING TO NOTTINGHAM ON friday to pick my new car and drop my old one off. if you get a train to bristol maybe can pick you up and sort sumthing out that way.

Thank you all, I love the camaraderie here, thank you all but i have passed on the car, but again thank you very much. It was a e30 318is, which I fancied but i am going to wait a little longer as my list of wanted cars changes often, Still pining after a Porsche s2 on LPG but really i need a 306 dturbo a primera GT or a diesel VW transporter for a workhorse. Loving the Mondeo though, only a 1.8 but what a pleasure to drive, I'll see if I can talk wifey into a st220 someday, a pratical performance car for sure. Again thank you