More power for Range Rover TD6

C

CRA881E

Hi Folks,
This is my first post on this or indeed any forum of this type. I've read some of the posts by other members and the feedback is incredible, so, please help me if you can.
Ive recently bought an 04 Range Rover TD6 HSE and its performance is a bit lethargic to say the least. I was looking to boost the Torque / BHP with the fitting of a plug in chip (as advertised all over the place), however, there seem to be any number of different manufacturers of these chips, yet most seem to claim to boost performance by a similar amount. They vary in price considerably, which is obviously a factor when buying, but of more concern is which one will live up to its claims?? Anyone able to suggest which one will be the best option? or should I consider something else to achieve more power.
Jon.

Forget the plug ins. Even the very best ones one crude and operate by disrupting data to and from the ECU. Get the car remapped via the OBD2 port and have a proper driving experience.

Celtic Tuning is my preferred tuner - they will take your car to 225 bhp with a corresponding increase in torque to over 370. Cost is about three hundred quid.

The 390 torque figure I've posted is in lbft. This equates to 528 so we're all in the same ballpark. I'll also add that increased torque means increased power at the same point in the rev range. You can't increase torque at 3000rpm, for example, whilst keeping the same power output at 3000rpm.