mods

wardyc

Tuner
Car
Nissan Maxima 3.0L
hi i was just wonderingsome recomendations for modifing my nissan maxima 1996 model
at the moment i have a kenwood soundsystem currently installed
but am planning to lower it and put 17 inch rims on it
there are some pictures of the car on my profile
advice would be appretiated

hello from the other side of australia , sounds like this is your first car ? try to follow some simlpe rules . keep it clean inside and out , dont make a lot of noise , when lowering it , lower it dont slam it to the ground . lower it first then find the wheels that fit . lowering can be as simple as purchasing lowering clamps from your local auto parts and accessories shop ( SUPA CHEAP AUTOS ) they cost about $10.00 a set and will stiffen the ride as well as reducing the coil height . while your there purchase a haynes or simular manual , read about changing the front and rear springs and if you decide to goahead king springs are available even check ebay . the thing to remember is that you have just spent more money than ever before , your modifications will attract attention from everyone , including the police & walking may be good for your health but murder on your social life .

Is it mainly styling you are after? the 3.0 has a fair bit of potential from a tuning point of view but a lot depends on how much you want to spend on it.

initally i sorta want looks
but over time engine and exhaust mods
im planning to lower it and put nice mag wheels
and possibly enhance interior
i should have 3000 dollars in total in the next 4 months to do this (1500 pounds or so)
other than lowering + rims, are there any other good exterior mods i can do?

What about taking off the badges and grill and going for a stealth look? This can be doen quite cheaply. Matt paint would look really good and is maybe something you can do yourself.

You're getting it ready in time for your summer then! ;)

As far as the interior goes a nice set of recaro seats will look good and a more sporty steering wheel. You'll need to check part numbers but a type R wheel may just bolt straight on.