mazda 626 2.2l

boomer626

Car
Mazda 626dx 2.2l
i have a 1990 mazda 626 with a 12 valve single cam 2,2 liter motor and i want to turbo it now the model i have didnt come with a turbo but i know they did make the gt model with a turbo from factory now what would i need to do to mine to make it turbo capable it has already been built bored and all just small stuff nothing to extreme or major just to give it more bang than factory any ideas information or wisdon anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

We get asked this question a lot so have a look at this thread which covers the basics. I have to admire your ambition though!:D And I hope you pull it off.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/
Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile:

It is better to just buy a better car for your tuning project.:confused:
Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine.

Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type. This is not the sort of modification you should undertake unless you are mechanically competent and know what you are doing.

It is worth looking at superchargers as these are generally much easier to install than a turbo is.

i nuderstand that it will take alot of time for sure and i know a better car may be a better idea but where i am located no one here has a model car like mine that even looks as good as mine let alone with a turbo on it i know they made the same engine that is in my car with a turbo should i just find a turbo motor and do it? i am big on having something no one else has a a turbo 626 is something around here no one has so thats what i want i know the time money and risk of detonation but those are things i willing to risk thanks for any other info and waynne thank you for your information it has been very helpful!