Pro Tuner
Car
Opel Corsa B X14XE
lamborghini miura p400 jota

back in 1970 did
320 km/h top speed
3.6 seconds 0-100 km/h
900 kg weight.

so what the improvement of lambo today? the did way better back than, than today.
adding weight to the cars doesn't make them better get it! add better aerodynamics, that's what they go on for.

here is how did the improved the car:
7_lamborghini-miura-jota-1970.jpg

I think a lot of the weight go's to safety, if you had to choose between crashing at 100 km/h, would you do it in an old one or a new one?

Handling is better on the new ones, but as said they have to be heavier to meet the safety standards plus we now insist on aircon, ABS brakes and power steering which all add weight to a car.

I think a lot of the weight go's to safety, if you had to choose between crashing at 100 km/h, would you do it in an old one or a new one?

still old.
in an accident here, year ago crashed 2 cars, citroen c3 pluriel and a 1978 opel rekord.
ppl in the rekord survived and not much damage, while those on citroen died and car was damaged totally.

Handling is better on the new ones, but as said they have to be heavier to meet the safety standards plus we now insist on aircon, ABS brakes and power steering which all add weight to a car.

dunno, i still think aerodynamics and rollcage. but agree with you on everyday cars, but i'd still add rollcage on them.

I'm with you on one thing charger, I get the increase in weight but not the decrease in power, and also I think any car with an excess of certain amount of ponies under the hood should have a roll cage.

I'm with you on one thing charger, I get the increase in weight but not the decrease in power, and also I think any car with an excess of certain amount of ponies under the hood should have a roll cage.
all cars should. you can see how easy the roofs smash up on these new fiber glass cars? how many people suffer because roofs smash easy? well adding weight makes losing to performance, which i don't like :(

this lambo is a piece of a great work of the old engineers and their great ideas and skills, not like today the engineers of audi that do to lambo.

VERY few cars roll in a crash on the highway, so a roll cage doesn't add much to safety.

lamborghini miura p400 jota

back in 1970 did
320 km/h top speed
3.6 seconds 0-100 km/h
900 kg weight.

so what the improvement of lambo today? the did way better back than, than today.
adding weight to the cars doesn't make them better get it! add better aerodynamics, that's what they go on for.

here is how did the improved the car:
7_lamborghini-miura-jota-1970.jpg

I think those figures are for a one off jota known as the S which certainly did have a top speed of over 300mph (205 to be exact)

Whilst the figures are correct it wasnt a production car

Only one was every built by the factory but they also did 5 replicas for customers on request (which did not have the same performance)

Normal jotas were very quick but I think you will find their 0 -60 was a tad over 5 not 3.5

Stil very quick for the seventies but normal jotas were much heavier (1000+kg) and therefore slower

So infact there have been major advances

Last edited:
I think those figures are for a one off jota known as the S .

Only one was every built bu the factory but they also did 5 replicas for customers on request

Normal jotas were very quick but I think you will find their 0 -60 was around 5 not 3.5

Stil very quick for the seventies but normal jotas were much heavier and therefore slower

this is info i got on the internet, sadly cannot get the car itself on a test, however i want that badly. well even 5 ain't bad for that time. for me 65-75 was the golden era of automotive