ITG cold air intake

Srogers

Car
Mk v GTI Stage 2
Has anybody experience of the ITG maxogen cold air intake system. I am thinking of getting this added to my gti in a couple of months. Car is at stage 2 custom remap with Miltek turboback system soon to have S3 intercooler fitted.

Thanks for the tip. Do you know if there are any companies out there that supplies engine covers that will accommodate an aftermarket intake? BSH website have an evolution engine cover that states will do the job. I want the intake (ITG G60) but also want engine covered.

I've fitted a few, nice kit but overpriced. Plenty of other ways to do the same job for half the price if done correctly with no losses.

Engine covers do nothing afaik so just take it off. As for companies that make them I have no idea tbh as the E36 doesn't use one so I've never looked.

big piece of plastic.

Reference nice kit but can do the job half the price, what ideas do you have ?

The alternatives are as follows and would require a cold air feed to get maximum gains, good airflow and clean air to the filter system:

• BMC CDA (enclosed carbon fibre airbox)
  • Open cone, ITG foam type etc remotely fitted away from engine heat and situated to the cold air feed.
Both requiring silicon hose runs and pipework. For example the ITG Maxogen kit for my MG is around £350 and I bought a BMC CDA filter plus silicon hoses and modifed the bumper to get the best cold air feed and this cost me under £200.