Interesting insurance quote

Dakry

Wrench Pro
Car
Rover 418
Heya guys and gals,
So interesting story. I looked into insurance on my first machine. I had an old 1992 Toyota Hilux. Sweet as a nut to run and was useful for shifting stuff around fields when I was back home. So I looked into the insurance on it and thought, well it would be fine as I don't drive it much. It would be useful just to have it there for no claims but do nearly no miles. What did they quote me? £4190 per annun...

So I now understand why younger drivers can't insure their cars ^^. How much were you guys, or are you guys being charged for yours?

Dakry

At the moment on my provisional, I'm paying £100 a month fully comp. When I pass my test it will go up to £200 a month.

18 1years no claims

While I was learning I paid 700 as a named driver on a fiesta, first year with full licence paid 2300 on a 1.2 Clio, this year I paid 853 for the 1.2, just switched to a Clio 182 mid policy for an additional 1519 lol

Still a bargain by the looks of it though as most of my mates pay over what I do for 1.1 saxos and I don't have to front my policy like them!

Greetings DUBS73P and Welcome To Our TorqueCars Forum My Friend! :)

18 1years no claims

While I was learning I paid 700 as a named driver on a fiesta, first year with full licence paid 2300 on a 1.2 Clio, this year I paid 853 for the 1.2, just switched to a Clio 182 mid policy for an additional 1519 lol

Still a bargain by the looks of it though as most of my mates pay over what I do for 1.1 saxos and I don't have to front my policy like them!

On my modified 1.8 turbo Ibiza Cupra at 21 I'm paying £700.

My 17 year old brother on his modified 1.4 Ibiza is paying £1200.

I wonder though, am I better off paying now and (admittedly ending up near broke lol) working up the no claims or just waiting until i'm passed 25? I am curious as to whether it really is worth it at the moment. Annoyingly.

9 year ago. £900 for a 1.4 civic with mum as a named driver. went up to 1300 with the alloys, induction kit and sports cat added

last year £530 for me the wife and a mate all insured on the bora with several mods

That was from a comparison site nd. After checking so many options to reduce it the lowest we could get it was £3,400. And nice pg, wish I could get that quote lol. Looks like I won't be driving this year now though unless I get a breakthrough money wise XD