Intercooler

J

Jflowers123

I have an MG ZT 1.8 Turbo currently being modded. I want install an aftermarket intercooler. Anyone know where i can get one for the right fittings etc.

Do they not make intercoolers to go with the turbo, rather than to fit the car. Im sure its a standard fittment for most. Don't know the MG's tbh. Never had anything to do with them.

Welcome abord.

It all really depends on how much bhp you going for and as far as fittings go, unless you try M-Power or another MG tuning company for a specific intercooler as most are universal.

You will get most of the pipework and fittings etc in any universal kit and then it's up to you to run the pipework accordingly.

But have a look at the following link and you see the different size ports, and port angles that you will need to look at to make sure you get one that allows the pipework to run the least distance, or which will fit round your engine/slam panel/bumper areas.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Turbo_Tuning/Intercoolers_Kits/533

You could try one of the custom makers like radtech, proalloy or cmc tuning? You'd need to get the dimensions of the existing one and also how much room there is for a bigger one.