Insurance Claims!!!

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
i recently was involved with a collision with a ford transit flatback pickup, and BEFORE you jump to the conclusion that i was racing it i wasn't :p

briefly; i was driving down a road at 20mph with the ford in front. the ford then moved onto the wrong side of the road and mounted the kerb. i took it that he was parking and continued at correct speed in correct direction. then he turned into an opening on the left swerving from the right side to the left...one problem... i was in the way! he swiped the front right side of my vehicle and took me onto the path.

i was wondering if anyone was involved in this similar scenario and how long it took for insurance to do something about it, i have witness statements proving he wasn't abiding by traffic law act, aswel as it is his 2nd accident and has changed his story 3 times, i dont; like to point the finger but it's common sensical right?

if anyone has any information aswel it would be a major help as i'm itching to drive again :x

Thankyou!

So he failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to use the lanes correctly, failed to indicate and pulled out into your path. Can't see the insurers not paying you. Keep the pressure on, threaten to go to court if they are dragging their heels - a solicitors letter will often help. Imply there will be a claim for loss of use of you car as well this might hurry them up a little.

our solicitor is useless, he disappeared for 2 weeks, and when he came back, he was asking if we had quotes for the repair. the car doesnt move and we told him this weeksa ago, then he said he'd have someone from the other insurers to have a look, which they already had.

then he had the cheek to say 'we best get you a courtesy car then?' :evil: we've had one for weeks.

tax is due end of this month and there's nowhere for it to go, as it wont move. now it doesn't even attept to start so there's more damage than i initially thought.

im claiming loss of earnings as i can't get to work off of the other insurers, they are also getting the bill for the hire car. its daft.

Insurance claims can be a real pain sometimes and if your solicitor is not much cop it makes things even worse. You can't leave an untaxed car on the road so I'd get the other insurers permission to get the car removed if they are happy with their inspection or see if they can offer free storage get permission in writing.

have an update: i've a feeling it's a mans world... i was letting my mum handle the phonecalls to the solicitor, and hadn't heard much in a week, but last friday i decided to ring myself, and managed to get quite alot sorted. have a feeling that he didn't want to talk to a woman.

anyway, i've only just been asked for witness statements, details and drawings. which should have been sent a looong time ago, i get the feeling that he's only just decided to move his ass. the third party insurance haven't seen my statements or drawings put i can imagin their faces when they do :D something like this :oops:

hopefully they should accept liability because there is nothing else they can do. annoying thing is that all this could have been done 5 weeksa ago....