If your exhaust is blowing - when do you fix it?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I know from past experience that when my exhaust starts to blow I drive round with it like that for as long as I can. I love the unmuffled throaty sound of an engine and even a 1.0 will sound like a 3.0 (sort of!)

What about you? Do you fix it as soon as you can, when its convenient or do you leave it until you have to.

lol ive just posted a thread about this :s about 1 minute ago lol just happened to me yesterday ive taken it as an opportunity to have a twin back box fitted as i was going to do it anyway, but for an extra £50 i though why not, its a custom exhaust as you cant get a twin for a 400 so my car is goin to be special ;)

This is freaky - I'm reading your thread thinking I've just posted about this. :lol: It looks like we were both posting at the same time.

its left until i have the time to sort it myself. hate being charged stupid money for bout 1/2 hour work and a couple of bolts.

the sound is nice for a while but it can be a drone when sitting on the motorway

I got mine sorted out asap! I hated the fact that it was broken and wanted it fixing. Stainless steel system went on and sounds far better than a blown exhaust...come to USC and found out how good it really does sound! :lol: