If you had a police car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
So if you were given a police car and police powers for a day what would you do?

Are there some wrongs you'd like to see righted or would you just loon around all day doing silly speeds and abusing your blue lights in heavy traffic etc...

:lol: You can do the opposite if you want Bertrum, if you had an ordinary car what would you do?

It doesn't really work does it!;)

Afraid not. Although i will say it is tempting to use my lights to skip traffic. A mate done it, ended up getting caught and fired. Whoops

smack middle laners around the head until they got the point

This. A lot. and crush the cars of people who don't indicate at mini-roundabouts and make them watch heh heh. ;P

Afraid not. Although i will say it is tempting to use my lights to skip traffic. A mate done it, ended up getting caught and fired. Whoops
cops,ambulance crew, fire fighters arent supposed to break lights even in an emergancy, if they hit somebody, their responsable

the only goverment allowed to break lights and tough #!#!#!#! whats in front of them is the army, and only when carring weapons

oh and wreck the cop car, burn it out when im finished
the only good thing id do is come down like a tonne of bricks on people with unroad worthy cars and their drivers

What's the problem with traffic police? There may well be a few who abuse their position and thus leave their powers open to question. But it's a very small few. Still too many, but.....

The majority of Police officers (whether traffic or otherwise) are, in my opinion, doing a very worthy job, and doing it well. The fragilities are generally a by product of Home Office instruction.

I would not want to be a police officer. It's a hard job to do well; yet the vast majority of Police do it exceptionally well despite the ridiculous amout of red tape with which their metaphoric hands are bound. They are dedicated to working for society and for individuals; they are compassionate and caring individuals. They would not be doing that job if they weren't so.

i would stop all the idiots that annoy me by doing stupid things continuously on the road. Especially people toddling along at 30mph in a 60mph zone on single lane roads when it is completely unnecessary - i.e. OLD PEOPLE

HDi: in response to yours, i have mixed feelings as have encountered both good and bad. Normally those in the town are idiots but those on high speed roads have their heads screwed on

What's the problem with traffic police? There may well be a few who abuse their position and thus leave their powers open to question. But it's a very small few. Still too many, but.....

The majority of Police officers (whether traffic or otherwise) are, in my opinion, doing a very worthy job, and doing it well. The fragilities are generally a by product of Home Office instruction.

I would not want to be a police officer. It's a hard job to do well; yet the vast majority of Police do it exceptionally well despite the ridiculous amout of red tape with which their metaphoric hands are bound. They are dedicated to working for society and for individuals; they are compassionate and caring individuals. They would not be doing that job if they weren't so.

Thank You, Its nice to read (especially on a car forum) that people do appreciate the work we do.

cops,ambulance crew, fire fighters arent supposed to break lights even in an emergancy, if they hit somebody, their responsable

the only goverment allowed to break lights and tough #!#!#!#! whats in front of them is the army, and only when carring weapons

Ermm? Where did you hear this?
Im an advanced Police driver and never whilst training have i been told that we are not allowed to go past red lights. Imagine a police/ambulance/fire car sitting at a set of reds with blues on. Haha. And also, in an accident, providing all protocol and best practice has been followed the emergency officer is not liable for damages

The only traffic signs emergency services cannot ignore are solid white lines and keep left signs o and one way streets obviously.

im surprised at the solid white line rule. more so if you can see that its clear

Strange isnt it?

There is a stretch of national speed limit single carrigeway where i work and we often have to respond (lights/sirens) along it. In one part it is completely straight but solid white lined due to it being an accident blackspot.

Therefore we have to anticipate the road ahead, if there is a vehicle there, slow and turn off lights/siren and wait until the lines break. Mad, but i can see why.

Ermm? Where did you hear this?
Im an advanced Police driver and never whilst training have i been told that we are not allowed to go past red lights. Imagine a police/ambulance/fire car sitting at a set of reds with blues on. Haha. And also, in an accident, providing all protocol and best practice has been followed the emergency officer is not liable for damages

The only traffic signs emergency services cannot ignore are solid white lines and keep left signs o and one way streets obviously.

You can't just ignore reds either. When responding to an emergency under blue light conditions, you get to treat them as a "give way".
I'm aware of enough Responders who have got into trouble for crossing red lights only for some idiot to come flying down, pass stationary traffic and slam into the side of the emergency vehicle.

The one that makes me laugh is the exception to parking on the pavement. Can't actually find where this is illegal, but there's an exception for emergency vehicles and ambulances.

As to the OP:
Personally, I'd start by nailing folks who don't negotiate mini-roundabouts correctly.

After dark, I'd run down to the local motorway junction with a couple of mechanics and check all the boy racers who like to congregate there, and confiscate any modded vehicles that aren't insured as such.

I never said we ignore red lights. Now that would be silly. You are correct, they are treated as give ways. However my original point was that someone said we could not go past red lights whereas we can.

if i had a police car, i would find all the un insured drivers that never get caught and smash my car into theres, because i pay my way, why cant they lol

I never said we ignore red lights. Now that would be silly. You are correct, they are treated as give ways. However my original point was that someone said we could not go past red lights whereas we can.

I know you didn't, and I was pretty sure you knew the rules (otherwise you'd have been taken off driving some time ago :p).

I was looking to clarifying for thaose who didn't work carefully and saw the phrase "The only thing we can't ignore..."