Ideas on best power upgrade for Civic Type R

johnboywalton

Need some advice on what is the best and safest upgrade to increase the power of ma civic! Been driven the type R for 3 years now, got the new model last October, don't know whether am just imagining it but feels as if it lacks power from the last one......anyway, any advice would be appreciated!!!! Cheers!

the new one has the same power as the old one but its heavier so the bhp/ton is lower. Honda adjusted the gearing to make the 0-60 the same as the old one however this will effect the in gear acceleration.

ave you thought about supercharging ?

supercharger was ma first thought, was reading bit bout it.....sounds good!! Not sure of prices or capabilities though for the Type R....will hav to get quotes and info?

Test drove new type r feels spongey & slower than older model i will stick too my 05 ctr but need bit more POWER any advice .

How much you looking to spend then Slpodge? Intake, exhaust, Cams, Fuel boost vavle,supercharger kit would be the best mods IMHO.

Forced induction kits seem to be around the £2-£3000 mark plus fitting of course. Glaymore managed to supercharge his Fiat himself using an old Cooper supercharger he got.

the new one has the same power as the old one but its heavier so the bhp/ton is lower. Honda adjusted the gearing to make the 0-60 the same as the old one however this will effect the in gear acceleration.
yes,this was proven on top gear if i remember

ave you thought about supercharging ?
and definatly supercharger,hondas take to them better than turbos,somthing to do with the revs and vtec hitting in as the supercharger is running out.there is a turbo integra type r and a superchared civic type r back here in cork,ireland and yes,the civic is faster,much faster...........sorry pgarner for butting in on your page,its just your spot on with your info. let us know what you have done to your type r mate

Fuel vavle increases the pressure the fuels given to the rail/ injectiors. prices over here are around £60-80 depending on the car.

performance wise - not much it will may the car more responsive thou

Yes - the pick up on acceleration is much quicker and more progressive than the sticky things that Manufacturers install. When I had mine (in a Rover 220 GTi) the car felt faster and was smoother in slow traffic.

when i had my type r civic, it had high lift cams in it
killed stock integra type r

thats the only mod it had so how about them ????;)