Hydraulic clutch hose clip issue

Toxicwaste

Car
Zafira vxr
Hi all, have a bit of issue, we have a Zafira vxr-483bhp, it’s fitted with a helix 6 paddle clutch.
Recently I was coming back from petrol station and heard a pop, clutch peddle went to the floor, pulled over and noticed the hydraulic line into the slave cylinder on the clutch had popped off, car was recovered to the garage where they refitted the hose and clip, bled the system and said it was done, I went to collect and didn’t get 2 metres before the line popped off again !!!!
My question is to anyone running high Bhp Vauxhall’s, do they make an uprated hose clip for the hydraulic line that can handle the pressure from the clutch, any info greatly appreciated
Steve

Last edited:
Hello and welcome |B Is it popping off from the connecting fitting ?

I would recommend getting braided SS hose installed.

There is a horseshoe clip that holds the line into the slave cylinder, what’s happening is when I press the clutch the clip can’t take the pressure & comes off

The car was towed to a local garage & after it popped off the second time, their response was to take the clutch out & put a weaker one in, obviously this won’t work as I need the clutch I have to take the power, I know there are vxrs running 500+ Bhp with helix clutches so was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue, maybe I need an uprated clutch slave cylinder? Maybe braided hoses too ? It’s annoying as at the moment the cars failing on a £1 clip

Hi all, have a bit of issue, we have a Zafira vxr-483bhp, it’s fitted with a helix 6 paddle clutch.
Recently I was coming back from petrol station and heard a pop, clutch peddle went to the floor, pulled over and noticed the hydraulic line into the slave cylinder on the clutch had popped off, car was recovered to the garage where they refitted the hose and clip, bled the system and said it was done, I went to collect and didn’t get 2 metres before the line popped off again !!!!
My question is to anyone running high Bhp Vauxhall’s, do they make an uprated hose clip for the hydraulic line that can handle the pressure from the clutch, any info greatly appreciated
Steve
Hi and welcome. To be very honest, if I were you I'd have a Goodrich braided line fitted, guaranteed not to pop. Hose and clip on Hydraulics pah, might as well be a clothes peg.... Go to the Goodrich site, you'll find what you want. Good luck.

Hi and welcome. To be very honest, if I were you I'd have a Goodrich braided line fitted, guaranteed not to pop. Hose and clip on Hydraulics pah, might as well be a clothes peg.... Go to the Goodrich site, you'll find what you want. Good luck.
From the additional information regarding the slave cylinder locating clip, I would recommend that you talk to the manufacturer of the clutch for starters and check the pressure plate specs. Personally, it sounds like there is a problem with the pressure plate if you are having to produce so much pressure to depress it. A thorough check is recommended initially, to ensure you don't have a problem. Just doesn't sound right to me.

Perhaps there is a matched and modified cylinder to match the clutch, some research is required.

Let's us know what you find. Best wishes Kev

Never refit the old clip, always go new, they weaken and fail with age. I have known a few garages to put a spot of glue on before fitting the hose, and then adding another clamp/wrap around the join just to be safe.

Silicone hoses come with a notch around the hose for the clamp to grip onto and this makes it a lot more secure.