How to make convertible?

ronniecalcutta

Road Burner
Car
Hyundai Accent
Hello guys ! What change in the dashboard & interior do I have to make if I want to change a car into a convertible one? How to keep the equipments safe from the heavy monsoon showers & sunlight of India?

It will still need some kind of raincover to be practical, and even these leak after time.

I suppose you could replace the carpet with rubber matting, add drainage holes to the floor as well but electrics must be kept dry at all costs which is probably the main reason why this will not work.

You'll also have to do a lot of under car strengthening or it will flex too much and be dangerous to drive as most of the strength is in the roof.

i would suggest you not to throw the old roof after you cut it, and there will be a lot of improvement around the chasis, because roof protects body from twisting, and then it comes all to flavor, you need to know how right to follow the car body lines.

@ Waynne: I'm planning it for my good old Hyundai Accent...it's now looking somewhat impossible...covering the dashes & equipment panel is seeming too tough...might be a bad idea for the Indian weather it has to overcome...