How much music do you have

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
In your car currently how much music do you have? (If played continuiously from pre recorded media.)

I run at 200 hours (not 500 as I first thought:)) (1200mb of music on MP3 CD's are great!). If you have CD's you can assume 50 minutes per CD.

Do you still find yourself listening to the same things over and over again?

Last edited:
mmm bout 12Gb of my hard disc in the car is music lets go with each song is average 5mb

12Gb = 12,288 Mb
12288 / 5 = 2457 songs
average song is around 4.5 mins so thats 11056 mins 184 hrs 16 mins so enough to do me over a week.
a lot more still more to go on it, but holding back as thinking of upgrading to a laptop HD as the 3.5" doesnt seem to like being moved about

I have 32 days of music on my computer, Over 300 hundred cassettes (singles & albums), a lot of 12" vinyl mostly early 90's Rotterdam techno & hardcore. & I haven't counted the CD's but there's a lot, but most of it on the pc now. phew! :amuse:

I have 32 days of music on my computer, Over 300 hundred cassettes (singles & albums), a lot of 12" vinyl mostly early 90's Rotterdam techno & hardcore. & I haven't counted the CD's but there's a lot, but most of it on the pc now. phew! :amuse:

Old skool gabber? I'm down with that! More into the newer stuff though, Rotterdam Terror Corps, Angerfist, hellfish etc

well in the car ive got about 10 cd's + 6 in the changer which i forgot to take out before swapping the hu :embarrest: ive got a 1 gig memory stick full of music another gig of music on my old phone and on the current phone i have about another 3 gig of music so quite a few hours worth

Old skool gabber? I'm down with that! More into the newer stuff though, Rotterdam Terror Corps, Angerfist, hellfish etc

I love RTC! I'd say a very large part of my harddrive consists of (Euro) Hardcore & Hardstlye stuff like Headhunterz, Zany & Technoboy.
I'm planning on buying a USB turntable so I can transfer my old vinyl onto my computer & have even more hours of music! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone with large music collections have them safely backed up on disk. ;)

yup my media hard disc is backed up onto an external one. as well as so much on the computers hard disc, this was also imaged as a file to back up incase i changed 1 setting to many to get faster times

not sure how many songs/hours but i do have 2 500gb drives in my car (each holds 465gb) and they are about 3/4 full each. Although it drives the wife crazy that i have all that and only listen to about 30 songs :p

christ i thought i was bad going with 360 gb hard disc in the car (formatted its around 330gb) and yes i do only listen to a few albums most of the time