Is there much car crime in your area

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We don't hear very much about car crime, perhaps the odd bit of low level vandalism but nothing much happens down our way.

What is it like where you are? Have you been a victim of car crime?

Unfortunately yes :( This is reflected in the size of the premiums I pay, and the chuckling I have to endure from the broker once I have given them my postcode to quote me :confused:

Not where I currently live, but when I lived in Luton it was common to see at least one broken into or a car with some missing or demolished piece, it was like a mini gang war of a smaller scale between certain ethnicities and cars were typically the things getting damaged, cars are always the poor victims of brutality on this planet :^(

I note that in some areas people are breaking into houses to steal the keys to cars parked on the drive and they don't seem to worry if people are in!

It's been happening for years. My top advice apropos of that is to not leave your keys near the door - inventive thieves have used tools to reach through letter boxes and lift car keys without ever entering your house.

It's been happening for years. My top advice apropos of that is to not leave your keys near the door - inventive thieves have used tools to reach through letter boxes and lift car keys without ever entering your house.
I have heard of this happening too.