How much do your tires cost.

billyo

Track Warrior
Hi everyone. How much did your last set of tires cost you and how many did you buy. Where did you get them from.

About £80 each inc fitting (in black ;)) and I got a set of 4 Dunlop SP Sports. They were bargains and around £30 cheaper than most other tyre makes.

pass never bought any aways changed the car before i need new ones but i might need some new ones for the new trans am as the backs are getting a bit low now but i know they are not cheap

Hi everyone. How much did your last set of tires cost you and how many did you buy. Where did you get them from.

Where do you live? Based on your spelling of tyres, I would have to say that you are in the States, so the question of where they were bought would only be of relevance to Americans :)

I honestly can't remember if my tyres were £670 or £760. It's irrelevent anyway as i had to have them. I would have ruined my rims without them. ;)

70 euro a tyre over here, thats rotation aswell, is this good???
its a alright make of tyre, wouldnt be pirelli or anything

I've not long since bought some 200sx wheels for my primera for £70 and they came with mint goodyear eagle nct's on so I'm good for a bit. But I think they are about £80 odd each If I was to put them on when needed. Oh and yes pretec thats not a bad price...

last set £200 inc balancing and fitting for 225/40/18 kings tyres of ebay

the set before that £240 inc balancing and fitting for 205/55/16 goodyear eagles from gornal tyres local to me

and the set before that £160 for 205/45/17 yokohama a539 from a mate had them fitted for a week then had his car written off

i think its the spell checker it must be set up in american not english cause it was trying to tell me to spell the word tyre and colour the american way

Ah, so it's Waynnnnnnes fault, should have guessed :)

I'm currently using Viking Protech IIs all round. About sixty quid each is exceptional value and in my opinion they perform very well indeed. Not quite as good as a Bridgestone or Conti at the outer extremes of grip but far better than the old stalwart Pirelli P6000.

Give the original Protech a miss - very cheap but crap to drive.

I'm currently using Viking Protech IIs all round. About sixty quid each is exceptional value and in my opinion they perform very well indeed. Not quite as good as a Bridgestone or Conti at the outer extremes of grip but far better than the old stalwart Pirelli P6000.

Give the original Protech a miss - very cheap but crap to drive.

all i can say is pirelli must have sold these tyres cheap to the manufacturers cause the p6000 have been the standard tyre on alot of cars and they must be the worst tyre i have ever had on any of my cars in wet and dry

i have 2 nearly new p6000's but dont want to sell crap to someone else

I'm glad someone else has a similar opinion of the P6000 slipergy tyres

yes but worst part of it is how many people buy the same tyres that are on the car when they bought it at a ridiculous price of £60-£70 for inferior tyres at a guess this is where pirelli made their money back !!:mad:

I sometimes wonder if the OEM tyres differ slightly to the aftermarket ones. Even if the same brand and type. My Nissan had Dunlop SP200E as it's new fitment and I replaced with the same when they were due. The aftermarket ones were not as good by any stretch of the imagination.

Hence my move to Goodyear, initially NCT3, subsequently Venturas when still available.

tbh mate i have no idea whether the tyres on mine where original or replacement ones all i can say is they where rubbish so i cant really back that theory up sorry

It's not a theory. Just a thought I had once. I'm not out to prove it.

I think tyre choice is a very personal thing. Some will but on price alone. To me, this is not enough, but those that do so are entitled to their beliefs.

Likewise, buying a tyre of a known brand is still not ideal if the only criterium is that it's the same brand as fitted to the car at the factory.

All this is simply Paul's opinion. Tyres, driving and their respective qualities is all very subjective.

One mans etc................etc

but the thing is mate every driver is different so are tyre recommendations really valid its like my kings tyres on my 18's no research or recommendations i bought them cause they where cheap and to my surprise they are great in the dry but only ok in the wet

In the Uk that's not good Herb! We get 80% wet roads to the 20% dry days :lol: What is the tread pattern like? Lots of solid rings around the center of the tyre?

My tyre's are goodyear eagle Nct 3's and they offer more than plenty of grip for my primera in the bends. Even in the wet corners they are good. I only loose traction when starting from a standing start. But thats not the tyres that just the low end grunt that the engine has..... When I buy my next set I think I may go in the direction of Toyo Proxi's......