How good is the Porsche Boxster?

tjw2007

Tuner
Just wondering about this as I've heard both good and bad things about the Boxter. What I keep reading about is common problems with the oil seals, which seem to cost a lot to get repaired and there seems to be a problem with the gears crunching from 1st to 2nd - has anyone come across these problems on a Boxster and if you've had one, how happy have you been with it?

Cheers

It is a good car to own and more practical than the 911. Interestingly I think it was EVO, took out a 911 and a boxter on the track and the times were very similar! :eek:

The Boxter carried more speed through the bends but the 911 had higher speeds on the straight. If you look after them and keep them well serviced you should't have a problem. Bear in mind these are very high performance cars but generally still around the most reliable sports cars out there.

Its a good value package and after a 911 I can understand you not buying one. Have you actually driven a Boxter yet pete? I think you will be pleasantly surprised.;)

I have only driven the original 2.7. I havent driven the later more powerful versions.

To be honest I quite liked it, but it felt slightly underpowered, but I understand from friends the later bigger engined boxters are much quicker.