New Porsche Boxster: latest pics

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
These are the latest spy pictures of the next-generation Porsche Boxster undergoing testing and development work.

Read more...
Feel free to comment on this news item and tell us what you think.

Same lazy stylist that restyles all there other models. Carrying on with the evolutionary restyle like the 911 is doing rather than a revolutionary restyle like other manufactuers, Alfa, Maserati or Ferrari spring to mind. What's with the 3 cylinder turbo namby fuel efficient talk going on here, be diesel engines next oh they already are going to have diesel, oh :sad2: That'll be good won't it "look at my new Porsche darling(starts it up chug chug chug)" Thought Porsche were supposed to be exciting all about the drama and the event of driving. Anyone thinking of buying one then save a fortune buy a classic 944/968 or a 993 and see what a proper Porsche should be like when Porsche stick to the formula of producing a 'Sports Car'.

Don't get me wrong the Boxster is a fine handling car they got that bit right and with the 3.4 flat six engine is great, but a 180 hp 3 cylinder engine? Porsche havn't made a 180 hp engine since 1988! Unless the price is going to be MR2/MX5 money what's the point.

Just another one that looks the same to me i'm affraid. I dont find anythiong special about Porsches except the classic 911 and 944 turbo's :)

I can just imagine Porsche owners stading round at a bar talking MPG figures! :lol:

Exactly Waynne. If you want an eco car then get a Prius/G Whizzo thing Porsche, or any other sports car maker with a motorsport heritage, should be sticking to the brand they've built up and make exciting cars for those that want one. For the volume they'll sell I can't see how they are going to ruin the planet, most high end sports cars are extra cars used at weekends because by there very design they arn't what you call practical every day motoring.

Bad63r I'm with you the classic Pork is best :love: