How far on 1 tank of fuel

In the process of finding out. Filled it up for the first time on satuday. Down to about a quarter (after a small trip to chester and accidentally going to wales on the way back) Will update in a few days. 52L tank by the way.

I would love to find this out, but as soon as I get down to a quarter of tank, i'm straight into the petrol station and fill the old girl back up to full to brimming! :)

I would love to find this out, but as soon as I get down to a quarter of tank, i'm straight into the petrol station and fill the old girl back up to full to brimming! :)

So you are always carrying the extra weight of at least 1/4 of a tank of fuel. I bet the car will feel much quicker and be more economical if you run it down to the fuel light.

So you are always carrying the extra weight of at least 1/4 of a tank of fuel. I bet the car will feel much quicker and be more economical if you run it down to the fuel light.

Your right of course! but my problem is, is that I can be called out by a client on an emergency call at anytime so I always keep the old girl topped up!

I only ever put half a tank of fuel in my car, it's false economy doing short trips with a full tank. From half to near empty lasts twice as long as it does from full to half

i get about 180/220 miles on half a tank

how accurate are the trip/range thingys on the cars these days then ?

They are pretty accurate but will change how much is left all the time due to the load on the engine always changing.
If you kept on a motorway at a constant speed it would give out an accurate reading where as if it was town driving the trip would be up and down as the mpg goes up or drops depending on situation.

the last time i jammed the tank it said i had a range of560 miles, when on the trip it went up too 730 miles lol thought i was towing the petrol garage with me lol

200 :mad:

On a motorway run, I have had 305 :D

Light was on after 185 though, and there was next to nothing when I filled her up, as she has a 50ltr tank and she took 51ltr at the pump!!!!! :amazed:

Well my trip gauge is a complete and utter liar! If I was to believe it! then my engine has been borrowed from a Moulinex Food Processor :lol:

200 :mad:

On a motorway run, I have had 305 :D

Light was on after 185 though, and there was next to nothing when I filled her up, as she has a 50ltr tank and she took 51ltr at the pump!!!!! :amazed:

glad to see yours is worse than mine, the best i've had with say 70% motorway driving 300.1miles, the petrol light was on for 20 miles at this point and was just trundling along at 60mph trying to nurse it to the petrol station. Tank is about the same as yours, 50-51ltrs. i blame all the extra petrol usage on trying to avoid the problems with the bad road surface.

Fuel consumstion doing down the road is always wors then comming back up for some reason. I think its because I do all the motorway driving comming from south Wales, then when I hit the A9 (usually around 10 at night) it is quiet and I just sit at a steady 60 all the way up, where as you have to slow on the motorway for works and so on. Every bit of braking destroyes your fuel consumsion.

i Live in South Africa so our units of measurements are different..i run around 150 miles on 1/4 tank fuel in my mini cooper..and that's just short distances