How chipped is your windscreen

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just looking very closely over my windscreen and there are a few small chips in it caused by stones but thankfully nothing major.

I noticed that quite a few of my friends cars have got pretty big (not MOT failures) stone chips in them.

What is your screen like? Are motorways better or worse for getting stone chips?

Funny you should mention this as the heated screen in my Zetractor saw fit to crack on thursday :blink: Thank God for windscreen cover. They're coming to replace it tomorrow £70 excess. We can't see a chip anywhere on the screen so if there is one it's tiny. I guess they'll tell me tomorrow why it failed.

theyve been relaying the roads by me for a good few weeks, got loads of little tiny chips. should get the council 2 cough up. and i mite win the lottery aswell ;)

i have no chips at all , i usually try to keep the distance from the car in front of me, especially lorries as they can carry large stones between their double wheels.

still , the crack i got from pouring cold water on the windshield on a hot day started extending towards the center and now i really need to replace it.

I hit a pot hole to fast because of the low profile tires it hit the rim and cracked my windscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
check out the pik on my profile i have like inch an a half clearance from ground to rim soo going at speed when i het the pothole somthing had to give lol coz it sounded bad and it sent a crack down my windscreen

would have thought something else would have went as well mate unless the windscreen was already badly chipped.

have you checked out everything underneath ? wishones, tie rods etc