Hooray - the polo is gone!!!

StevieDB9

Road Burner
Car
Ford Focus 1.4
The curse of shoddy VW quality finally got the better of me and im very very glad to say the polo is gone! Well will be in a few weeks!

Got a focus mk2 (2003). I think my alloys from my polo wont fit the focus (does anyone know if this is not the case) but if not, does anyone know if adapters are available to adjust the PCD to suit?

If not anyone out there willing to swap alloy wheels?!

The curse of shoddy VW quality finally got the better of me and im very very glad to say the polo is gone! Well will be in a few weeks!

Got a focus mk2 (2003). I think my alloys from my polo wont fit the focus (does anyone know if this is not the case) but if not, does anyone know if adapters are available to adjust the PCD to suit?

If not anyone out there willing to swap alloy wheels?!

Nope they won't fit the Focus buddy and getting adapters is expensive and more trouble than it's worth. Why not sell your alloys and put to it and buy some more?

Booo Hisss
traitor :lol:

TNs right although PCD adaptors could be avalible they can push the wheel too far out causing fouling. granted arches can be rolled however the extra width can cause issues with the stress on the wheel nuts

what went wrong with the polo this time?

well two weeks ago all braking went from the back end. I found this out whilst doing 60 on the motorway with a very heavily loaded car. Back drum fell to bits when i took the wheel off :confused: then last week the vacuum hose leading to the sevro unit fell to bits and the engine management light came on. Just fed up with it constantly going into a garage so its got one week of service left and one last journey from Reading to sunny Scotland.

Yeah so if anyone is in the opposite situation of me and need to swap alloys with a pcd of 108 for alloys of pcd 100 let me know!

Is the week up yet? Have you got the new car? Whats it like and how does it compare?

certainly is waynne. been driving the focus for a fews days now, what a difference! Really nice car to drive. Suspension is excellent but then that was one of the defining features of the focus when it was launched. Its only a 1.4 but it has 8 more valves than the polo :lol: that said the revs sit a lot lower than the polo did. Also found a nifty trick that works with most fords to display road speed (mph or kph), engine speed, water temperature, battery voltage, error codes etc digitally on the trip counter (so if anyone's got a ford give me a shout and i tell you how!)

Been cleaning it now for 2 days, today is paintwork day! Going to start off with a wash, then run a clay bar over the paint, then paint rejuvenator, polish then gloss :blink:

oooo, almost forgot, typical of my luck, i finally get a (what is hopefully) a reliable car and the day before i get it someone did a hit and run into the back of it! :mad: goes into the bodyshop on thursday for a new tailgate and bumper and respray.

Bad luck on the rear end. But at least it will all be sorted properly for you. I bet it looks nice after your clean. Post up some pics in the gallery for us.

finished cleaning today, good peice of advice for everyone; between the washing and polishing stage get a clay detailing bar, meguiars do a good one. its unbelievable the difference it makes. it picks up all the dirt embedded in the paint that washing doesnt get. its amazing just how much dirt is actually in there! end up with a smooth touch to the paint even before any polish is applied

after the clay bar i used autoglym polish then as a final layer what autolgym call a "gloss". suppose it must do the same job as a wax. anyway the car is now in the body shop (for the next 5 days :() so im going to have to play gran turismo or something to console myself before i get the shakes :confused:

Or just post lots on this - the greatest car forum in the world ever! (Cue manaical laughter and thunder claps!)