Hi TQC, new 2,2 HDI owner reporting :D

Theis

Car
Peug406coupe2,2 HDI
Hi all

I just bought a Peugeot 406 Coupe 2,2 HDI.

While waiting for danish registration i have done.

-Cambelt change
-Engine upper mounts change.
-Aux belt change.
-Camshaft rimwhell (ballanced rubber wheel) changed (what a terrible noise :S)
-Water pump changed.
-Oil and filter change
-air intake filter change
-Gearbox oil change.
-Lowering springs, and upper bearing changed.
-Duplex exhaust.
-Defap /Decat of exhaust.
-coolant change.
-and just recieved a Tuned file from Celtic Tuning = 178bhp and massive torq. (will be remapped tonight)

Now its all ready to ROOOOCK !! :bigsmile:

I am now the happy owner of two peugeot 406 coupe´s as i allready have a v6, so soon i can tell wich one who gives out the best performance tracktor vs petrol.
I most say the Tracktor has a lot to beat because that v6 :love: thats my little baby, but future will tell, at least i can have less fuel costs in the future and thats the idea behind the turboweesel.

/Theis

The Celtic tune gave mine over 190bhp on a RR test. This was on BP Ult diesel with water sprayed on the intercooler as well.

Thats why i hired them to do the file, i am sure the power will be there when they say it has 178hp, it will have no matter what. (ofcause if turbo, fuelpump, and other mechanicks are in working order)

I feel like a little boy waiting for chistmas, i have the file in my mail, but my car at home in the garrage, this will be the first thing i will do when i come home to get it remapped :cheesy:

I am used to drive the v6, tuned to 235 hp, it can be evil aswell, so i am used to fast cars, but the torq of this diesel might be tricky, however the Coupe has ESP and ASR to compensate for wheelspin and instability.
But thanks for the adwice

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

I am used to drive the v6, tuned to 235 hp, it can be evil aswell, so i am used to fast cars, but the torq of this diesel might be tricky, however the Coupe has ESP and ASR to compensate for wheelspin and instability.
But thanks for the adwice

You'll be fine then with those two systems. My GTX saloon didn't have either.

I, too, have driven plenty of proper fast cars (much faster than any Peugeot 406) but the 2.2 HDi with a remap is very non-linear in its responses.

It's fun when you get used to it, but initially it feels like it's very lethargic followed by a tidal wave of torque.

The torque delivery is much more severe than the V6 petrol model.

It's just not fair, more power and better economy!

Better fuel economy, without a doubt. Let's just hope the DMF and DPF don't raise their ugly heads. That's part of my reasons for defecting to petrol power for now. Reduced risk of expensive repairs. Repairs I simply cannot afford at the moment.

For performance I'd still take a remapped 525d over my current car.

Remapped last night and it works !!!
Lowely and massive pull !!
But the pull comes in waves, up and down, and later that night biip APF fault code P0070
The fault was there be4 the remap aswell, when i drove the car home from germany, I think it is coursed by a faulty Air Flow Mass Meter.

Just ordered a new one to fit and test. !

regards Theis

Better fuel economy, without a doubt. Let's just hope the DMF and DPF don't raise their ugly heads. That's part of my reasons for defecting to petrol power for now. Reduced risk of expensive repairs. Repairs I simply cannot afford at the moment.

For performance I'd still take a remapped 525d over my current car.

I had Celtic removed the FAP option in the ECU, and bashed the filter once and for all !!!
Newer going to experiense DPF faults :D

That was a good move. When Celtic mapped my car in 2006 they couldn't, at the time, disable the DPF unfortunately.

The torque is fun though, isn't it?

That was a good move. When Celtic mapped my car in 2006 they couldn't, at the time, disable the DPF unfortunately.

The torque is fun though, isn't it?

I love it :love: it is litterly brutally comming in at 2200 rpm, its quite dead up to the 2200,. but then it really kicks you back in the seat.

I really hope the Flow meter wil sort out the turbo isue i am experiencing, sometime the turbo is fully there and it runs great, and sometimes it strugle to past 3500 rmp. :S a really od behavior, i dont find it related to the map, but might be due to that meter, anyway, time will tell :D

I never had a problem with the MAF but what you're describing does sound that it's the likely cause.

I'm glad you like the torque, it gives brilliant midrange overtaking shove.

I never had a problem with the MAF but what you're describing does sound that it's the likely cause.

I'm glad you like the torque, it gives brilliant midrange overtaking shove.

Deffenately a bad MAF sensor, after it is changed the engine is much smoother, and it can acktually pull below 2200 rpm now, the bost comes in from 1800 now, and it is Really massive, the turbo bost is solid and steady through the intire rev range :p

Its amasing to stay between 2k and 3.5k rpm, and still have a massive pul !!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back