Helping friends move house

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Where do you draw the line if you are helping friends move house?

Do you let them put anything in your car or do you have a few things you draw the line at?

It seems every time I put heavy furniture in the car I get nicks, scratches and gashes on the interior. I will happily transport boxes and things with no sharp edges. I also draw the line at animals, plants and anything smelly, dirty or food related where there is a spill risk.

I have been able to avoid these difficult situations by tacktickly not having any friends. :D

I wont carry nothing for no one. Not even my self. The best I think I have done in my car is look after a TV cardboard box on the back seat.

For the most part moving house with a saloon limits the size of things you can transport to large suitcase size as the tail is not that huge. Though back when i had a hatch, anything that i could fit in was usually game as long as the person helped load it, pallettes, big ikea paintings, furniture you name it.
But these days i prefer the rent a van approach, its not that expensive tbh

Made that mistake once and never again! It was the hardest and most exhausting work I have done to date; will leave that kind of nonsense to Pickfords from now on :amuse: